Program Instructor, MGA Nurse Aide Program
Report directly to the Program Director, while providing classroom instruction to students of MGA Nurse Aide Program (“Program”).
Duties and Responsibilities
· Demonstrate compliance with state, federal, and Colorado Department of Regulatory Agency (DORA) laws and regulations, and Program policies and procedures.
· Participate in the continuing quality improvement and review of Program services.
· Participate in monthly Program instructor meetings.
· Demonstrate high-level competence and proficiency in all skills and required elements of the Program curriculum.
· Professional Conduct.
o Represent themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
o Adhere to dress code with a clean and neat, professional appearance.
o Report on time and as scheduled to complete work within designated time.
o Adhere to all company policies and procedures outlined in Employee Agreement, or communicated from the executive team.
· At least 21 years of age.
· Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, with a current, active Colorado license to practice, in good standing with The Colorado Department of Regulatory Agency (DORA).
· At least one year of nursing experience in caring for the elderly and/or the chronically ill persons of any age.
· Current BLS card.
· Completed "Train the Trainer" type program, demonstrated competence to teach students as defined by DORA, or one year experience in managing nurse aides.
· Communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
o Excellent written and oral communication skills.
o Ability to work both individually and as part of a team in a fast-paced, professional environment.
o Ability to attend to multiple tasks at once and attend to time sensitive matters.
o Ability to effectively present information to students, employees, and community members.
o Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees and the public.
· Computer skills.
o Ability to send/receive emails and use the Internet for research and informational purposes.
o Basic knowledge of Windows operating system, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft Excel and ability to advance computer skills as required.
o Ability to use software to create spreadsheets with minimum instruction.
MGA Home Healthcare Colorado Inc