Welcome to the team!
Our team is comprised of Nurses, Therapists and other healthcare professionals who are more than just providers, they’re partners. If you have a passion for helping others and want to make a true difference in your community, MGA Homecare is the place for you!
Why choose homecare?
- Make an Impact - Health happens at home, not only the hospital.
- Create Rewarding Patient Relationships – opportunity to provide holistic care in the patient’s home while educating family members on best care practices.
- Care for Diverse Patient Populations - home healthcare providers serve patients from various backgrounds and ages.
- Find Autonomy and Independence - Homecare gives you a chance to be more innovative than any other setting.
- Create a Flexible, Customized Career – opportunity to choose your schedule and a career path of growth.
A Licensed Physical Therapist Assistant provides coordinated physical therapy services to patients of all age groups under the supervision of a licensed Physical Therapist in compliance with applicable state laws, regulations and policies of MGA.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Administers the physical therapy treatment plan as developed by the Physical Therapist.
- Accepts clinical assignments that are consistent with education and competence to care for patients.
- Applies concepts of infection control and universal precautions in coordinating/performing patient care activities to prevent contamination and transmission of disease.
- Provides effective communication to patient/family, team members and other health care professionals as evidenced by clinical notes, case conferences and communication notes.
- Administer non-complex active and passive manual therapeutic exercises.
- Provides health education to client and/or caregiver.
- MGA Policies, Procedures and Handbook are adhered to.
- Notes are completed accurately and submitted as per respective policies and procedures.
- Clinical documentation must be turned in weekly per agency guidelines.
- Represents themselves in a positive and professional manner in the company and community.
- Adheres to dress code with a clean and neat professional appearance.
- Reports on time and as scheduled in order to complete work within designated time.
- Participation in Agency’s other mandated activities as requested by Agency Director such as In-services.
- Graduate of any Accredited School with an Associate Degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current state license as a Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant
- Reliable Transportation
- Professional experience required per state regulations
- Current CPR certification per state regulations
- Successful completion of appropriate screening tests with passing rate
- Displays good observation skills and judgement as well as good oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to regularly sit, stand, stop, bend, kneel, walk, balance, crouch, crawl, push, pull and reach with hands and arms and other physical activities as deemed necessary by job duties.
- Vision and Hearing capabilities within normal limits, with or without aid.
- Ability to frequently lift and or move up to 15 pounds and occasionally lift or move 100 pounds or more if applicable.
- Ability to perform the anticipated level of physical assist required to provide safe client care. If the anticipated level of assist is greater than that which the employee can safely provide, the supervisor is to be notified immediately.
- The work environment is highly variable, as care is generally provided in private homes.
- Lighting, acoustics, air quality, temperature and environment hazards are not predictable.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, household pets/animals, fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is required to travel frequently to complete home health visits.
MGA Home Healthcare Colorado Inc