Hospital Pharmacy Technician Job Summary:
MGA Healthcare is seeking a licensed Pharmacy Tech for a full-time opportunity available in Walnut Creek, CA. This position is a great opportunity for both experienced and entry-level technicians alike who are interested in gaining valuable experience in a major Bay Area medical center. This is a dynamic and fast-paced role, but if you’re ready for a challenge working beside some the top medical professionals in Walnut Creek, then this could be the right position for you!
As an MGA Pharmacy Technician, you can expect:
- Long-term, dependable job with competitive weekly pay
- Benefits after 30 days of full-time employment (health, vision, dental, life, and more)
- 401(k) with company match
- Excellent opportunities for professional development and industry networking
- 24/7 support from your MGA team so you can focus on building your career!
- Assist Pharmacists by maintaining required pharmacy supplies and equipment at workstations
- Receive prescriptions, screen for financial category as appropriate
- Order, receive, unpack, verify prices, prepare pricing labels, and store incoming merchandise
- Assist in maintaining adequate stock levels of drugs and supplies in the pharmacy
- Keep accurate records of stock dispensed and distributed
- Maintain accurate and complete records for all controlled substances received, issued, returned, or wasted
- Obtain drugs from stock and counts, pours, mixes or compounds pharmaceuticals under the direct supervision of a Pharmacist
- Assists Pharmacists in performing all quality monitors (e.g. fridge temperatures, end-product testing, etc)
- Performs basic arithmetic calculations including dosages and flow rates
- Processes medication reconciliation documents in the computer system
- Performs inspections (e.g. expired med check) under the supervision of a pharmacist
We are looking for:
- A current CA Pharmacy Tech license
- A 4-year degree in a science major or an Associate's in Pharmacy Technology is preferred
- Strong mathematical skills are required to accurately perform dosage calculations and flow rates
- Pharmacy Tech experience in a medical center a plus but not necessary!