- $21 to $25 Hourly
CAREGIVERS (MULTIPLE ROLES)
MFS has an immediate opening for a Caregivers for its local healthcare client in San Francisco, California. This is a contract role which may have possibilities of extension and/or conversions in the future. This opportunity comes with competitive pay and great benefits. For instant consideration to this position, Apply Now!
BENEFITS: HEALTH/VISION/DENTAL INSURANCE – 401K (UPON QUALIFYING)
- Shifts available: On-Call, 26hr/week, 28hr/week, or 40hr/week. Part-time and Full-time opportunities available. Day and night shifts available.
- Contract length: 3 months to start. Temp to permanent opportunity.
- How many open positions: 10+ positions
- Target Start Date: ASAP
- Work Location: Onsite; San Francisco, CA
Under the direction and supervision of the Supervisor/Manager, the Caregiver provides personal care services to participants receiving home care and/or day center services. Caregivers provide the same services as a "Personal Care Attendant" position.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides personal care/escort assistance according to the individual care plan (i.e. grooming, dressing, peri-care, showers, bathing, toileting, housekeeping, meal preparation/feeding, laundry) and reports observed changes in the participant's condition to the interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrates safe practices, by utilizing proper body mechanics, adhering to universal precautions, and maintaining environmental safety.
- Interacts and provides services to participants, families and interdisciplinary team, in a professional manner (i.e. encourage participation in conversation and activities).
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Analytical Thinking: Practices investigative techniques to determine the best approach.
- Business Impact: Responsible for the team meeting goals and objectives.
- Collaboration: Creates internal alliances outside the immediate team or department.
- Communication Skills: Advanced communication skills involving complicated topics.
- Company Knowledge: Understands how his/her role relates to others on the team and the role of the team.
- Leadership Skills: Does not manage employees but may mentor and/or train subordinates.
- Managing Change: Implements changes provided by management.
- Problem Solving: Completes routine and repetitive tasks where tasks are straightforward.
- Strategic Responsibility: Not responsible for strategy.
- Job Impact: Work team and other connected work teams.
- Influence: Develops respect for ideas and proposals within the department.
- Functional Knowledge: Understands his/her discipline and good conceptualization of processes
- Minimum one-year experience working with the elderly or frail population required. No certification required.
- Experience working with seniors with dementia.
KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Ability to work independently and as part of interdisciplinary team.
- Flexible to work in multiple environments including home or center.
- Positive can-do attitude, conscientious, compassionate, thorough.
- Basic conversational English skills required; testing may be required.
- Able to translate/interpret basic information for supervisor/manager, participant, and other caregivers; testing may be required.
- Able to document care related items in Basic English (e.g. check off items on flow/monitoring sheets, simple words, etc.) on designated forms or electronic health record.
- Physical requirements: Ability to stoop, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear, and repeat motions of the wrist and hands. Must have visual acuity. Must be able to lift/move weight that is within individual physical ability and use appropriate lifting devices or request assistance when needed.
Note: MFS is an equal employment opportunity employer
Competitive Pay! Great Benefits! Excellent Workspace & Work-Life Balance!
MFS Talent is a leading and fast-growing staffing company recruiting for many Healthcare, Biotech, and IT Industries in the Bay Area. We at MFS thrive in connecting talent with life changing opportunities! MFS Talent is a Diversity owned company and is an equal employment opportunity employer.
MFS TalentSan Francisco, CA
WebsiteView All MFS Talent Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.