METIS Solutions Tampa, FL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
METIS is a venture capital-backed government services provider of strategic solutions to the defense, homeland security, and the Intelligence Community. METIS provides intelligence analysis and security, training and education, and intelligence support strategy and policy support, intelligence and operations support, program management, and international business development services to U.S. government and commercial clients around the globe. Our Senior Leaders, Subject Matter Experts, and Operational Specialists have direct, on-the-ground expertise in planning and executing the most critical missions our country and business sectors have faced – with current operations ongoing in every region in the US, to include heavy support to the Washington, DC metro area and Tampa, FL area along with the Middle East, South Asia, Afghanistan, Latin America, Europe, or Africa. We offer experience in addressing today’s hardest problems.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. ACTIVE Secret clearance is required.
- Under the general supervision of the Lead Librarian, the contractor shall provide library and technology instruction as well as research and information services in support to HQ USSOCOM staff and JSOU.
- Provides support for the library's computer software and hardware.
- Maintains library technology, coordinating faculty and staff use and training, and organizing regular maintenance and upgrades. Participates in evaluation, analysis and selection of information technology tools including public computer areas.
- Monitors library technology and effectively troubleshoot technical problems, isolate causes, and implement solutions.
- Assists with the development of the collection. Delete discarded/weeded titles from the integrated library system.
- Creates and maintains student library accounts for access to physical and electronic resources by utilizing the university's student information system (SIS).
- Performs regular audits of student accounts by evaluating records for any anomalies and process updates as appropriate to ensure accuracy and eligibility.
- Assists with interlibrary loan services; processes loan requests from participating institutions as needed.
- Performs reference desk and circulation desk functions as needed.
- Performs related quality control for bibliographic records, cataloging activities, inventory and purchasing.
- Provides expert cataloging interpretation and follows AACR2, RDA, MARC, OCLC and Library of Congress guidelines in cataloging and classifying learning resources.
- Manages bibliographic records for college learning resources. Oversees cataloging processes and performs original cataloging and related quality control.
- Assists in the collection and interpretation of library statistics.
- SECRET clearance required; TOP SECRET clearance eligible.
- Master’s in Library and Information Sciences required.
- 3 years’ experience in library instruction.
- Knowledge of current library technologies.
- 3 years’ experience as a reference librarian at a college or university level
- Perform physical work including the ability to carry, pull, and lift up to 30
METIS Solutions, LLC. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation or gender identity.
Powered by JazzHR