METER Group, Inc. USA is seeking a Process Technician to assist our Manufacturing Continuous Improvement (MCI) team. The ideal individual will work with the Process Engineer and other Technicians to provide support for our manufacturing teams. This role is important to the success of our manufacturing department and has a direct impact on on-time to promise goals.
METER Group's headquarters is located in Eastern Washington with an unmatched quality of life. Enjoy the smaller town life: no traffic, country space, great schools and universities, safe neighborhoods, and easy access to recreational activities in nearby mountains, rivers, and forests.
- Technical Support
- Troubleshoot, repair, maintain, test, diagnose and overhaul equipment, systems, fixtures and testers and calibrate electro-mechanical fixtures, testers, and equipment.
- Perform tests, alignments, calibrations, and revision of equipment, systems, fixtures, and testers.
- Troubleshoot process issues, assist process development, assist process improvements, and integration of new processes both manual and automated.
- Preventative Maintenance
- Estimates time and materials necessary to perform preventative maintenance or make repairs and perform the action.
- Conducts investigations of equipment failures to determine root cause and recommend remedial maintenance action.
- Recommends and assists in the revision of preventive maintenance and operator checklists, and their frequency to sustain the proper degree of maintenance.
- Writes SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) as required
- Equipment Onboarding
- Participates in the installation, removal, modification, assembly, and/or disassembly of systems and equipment.
- Develops processes on equipment
- Provides on-the-job training to Production Operators and lower level Technicians.
- Electrical Components Library
- Manage the components in an electronic database
- Use knowledge of principles, methods, and equipment in the installation, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of electrical systems and electronic equipment
- Has the ability to interpret mechanical/electrical drawings, equipment specifications, diagrams, and operating and service manuals.
- Able to perform electrical, pneumatic, mechanical and hydraulic repairs.
- Can read and interpret electrical schematics and wiring diagrams; familiar with electrical components and their uses; able to troubleshoot electrical circuit and PCBAs at the component level
- Can read and interpret technical data sheets (Equipment, Material, Component)
- Can effectively communicate with multiple cross-functional teams
- Requires superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment
- Soldering experience
- Failure analysis experience
- Use of Altium
- Training and use of Six Sigma principles
- Proven customer service skills (internal customers)
To Apply for This Position:
We ask all applicants to apply through our website at https://metergroup.applicantpro.com/jobs/. If your interests, qualifications, and experience match any of our openings please apply for that position so that you are considered immediately. You may also subscribe at our careers page so that we email you when we have openings in your area of interest.
METER is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants are considered regardless of ethnicity, nationality, gender, veteran or disability status, religion, age, sexual orientation or gender identity, or other protected status.