- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
In this position you will provide administrative assistance supporting the business interests of METECS headquarters office, just outside the gates of NASA’s Johnson Space Center. METECS provides advanced engineering, software and analysis solutions for JSC as well as other commercial customers. Your responsibilities will include the following -
- Serve as the Facility Security Office to manage employee access (physical and IT) to NASA Johnson Space Center.
- Assist Accounts Payable by preparing A/P vouchers.
- Assist with management of Government property.
- Perform annual inventory and random audits of property.
- Assist with the preparation and submission of contract deliverables.
- Prepare expense reports and assist with travel arrangements.
- Assist Human Resources with administrative functions
- Other general administrative front and back-office duties such as: greeting guests, answering phones, receiving packages, and distributing mail.
- Ability to work M – F, 9 to 5.
- Strong prioritization, multi-tasking and organizational skills.
- Must be a team player with good interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills.
- Intermediate level computer skills in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 4+ years of experience in general office support.
- Experience working for a government contractor is preferred.
Citizenship or lawful permanent resident required due to federal position.
About METECS –
We are a small high-performance team providing advanced engineering, software and analysis solutions for human space flight and terrestrial applications. We develop and integrate software for NASA and other government and commercial customers utilizing a wide variety of custom, commercial, and open-source technologies. Our specialties include robotics controls & analysis software, spacecraft and commercial equipment dynamics simulations, immersive computer graphics, XR systems and web-based automation tools. Active and recent projects include algorithm development for NASA's Robonaut and Valkyrie robots, autonomous UAV control, RFID-Enabled Logistics Management for the International Space Station, the NASA Miniature Exercise Device (MED-2), spacecraft wireless Developmental Flight Instrumentation (DFI), the Orion Spacecraft Ascent Abort 2 mission, the NASA Exploration Systems Simulations (NExSyS), and NASA's Training Systems for the 21st Century initiative.
METECS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Powered by JazzHR
BusinessView all jobs at METECS