The Senior Network Engineer will support the Office of Defense Nuclear Security (NA-70) / Special Access Program (SAP), which is under the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). This person will provide our customer with the onsite technical support for the information systems for the technical and analytical support contract related to the technology support efforts for this classified programs.
The primary purpose of this position is to maintain the computer networking system in a government/classified environment by tracking server activity, performing upgrades of software, maintaining computer hardware, addressing questions about technical problems, and improving efficiency by evaluating system network functions. Occasionally, with new system upgrades or server fixes, work must be completed during odd hours of the night or on weekends. Additional responsibilities include providing tier-2/3 support to the classified networks. The ideal candidate must possess strong problem-solving skills; a high degree of technical expertise, and a commitment to exceptional customer service and teamwork. This candidate will also participate in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the organization and ensure that system hardware, operating systems, and software systems are fully operational. Candidate will be asked to work on weekends to perform routine maintenance on servers.
- Experience working on classified networks (SIPR, JWICS)
- Solid understanding of teh TCP/IP stack is required (SSL/TLS, DNS, DHCP, WINS, NTP, FTP, HTTP, SMTP, CIFS, LDAP, HSRP, VRRP, 802.1x, etc.)
- Highly technical and able to craft solutions, not just execute tasks defined by others. Hands-on ability to implement, administer, and troubleshoot network infrastructure devices.
- A background in Cisco will be the best fit, but solid experience in other product families will be acceptable (i.e Juniper, FortiGate, SonicWall, Aruba, Meraki).
- A background in Citrix Environment (XenAPP) is highly desirable.
- Strong understanding and comprehensive hands on experience with EIGRP, OSPF and BGP. Proficient in private and public WAN technologies (MPLS, VPLS, DIA, VPN). Knowledge of Load Balancers (F5, A10) will be a strong plus.
- Extensive knowledge of QoS, OSPF, IPsec and BGP use and design in teh enterprise WAN. Knowledge of and experience with Software Defined Network solutions such as Cisco ACI, VMWare NSX, or Redhat
- Perform troubleshooting to isolate and diagnose common hardware/or software related issues to include all classifed services.
- Experience with COMSEC management and implementation.
- Solid understanding of RMF and FISMA.
- Perform advanced proactive server maintenance cluster/high availability maintenance etc.
- Working knowledge of PKI implementation, Tenable, SPLUNK and Ivanti or similar applications.
- Hands on engineering work; Install, configure, and manage network infrastructure devices (switches, routers, firewalls, wireless controllers and AP's, SSL VPN, AWX and Azure networks, etc.)
- Respond, troubleshoot, identify root cause and remediate issues in a complete, documented and timely manner.
- Design for operations: Work to harden, enhance, document, establish process, and generally improve the operability and supportablity of our systems encompassing monitoring, logging, and security practices.
- Develop processes and procedures for ongoing management of the server environment.
- Mentoring and support: Provide support to operational team when they escalate issues that are beyond their capability to address following standard runbooks and procedures.
- Work closely with project management, technical services and support group, external vendor partners, and the client to ensure a smooth implementation and transition of the network and related products.
- All other duties as assigned.
- 10+ years of related experience in a secure environment.
- Current DOE Q or D0D Top Secret security Clearance
- Excellent communication skills, orally and in writing.
- Good customer relation skills and the ability to work independently.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, IT, or related field.
- CCNA Certification or better.
- CCIE in Routing & Switching or Data Center certification.
- Certifications in MCSE, Cisco, Oracle, CISSP.
MELE Associates, Inc.
Why Work Here?Celebrating more than 25 years of continued growth with more than 150 employees and offices in Rockville, MD, Washington, DC, Albuquerque, NM, and Honolulu, HI. MELE is a veteran owned minority business empowering our customers with innovative solutions. We have an outstanding reputation for quality, integrity, and customer satisfaction, with a demonstrated tradition of building collaborative relationships with our customers to provide superior services. Our rapid response to changing customer needs, the ability to recruit and retain highly capable staff, and direct access to strong quality management ensure superior performance and high customer satisfaction. OUR STAFF and consultants possess decades of experience in national security, nonproliferation, program management, information technology, engineering, technical, and analytical skills. We focus on compliance and communication to ensure that services are completed in accordance with internal control principles and meet specified, acceptable levels of quality.
Social workplace with owners who value employees and offer a valuable benefits package. Average tenure over 10 years!