MELE is a well-known federal contracting firm with low turnover and engaged employees. We believe in our team and our team believes in us as demonstrated by our high scores on such employer rating sites as Glassdoor and Indeed. We are more than excellent benefits. We provide a supportive environment and a management team that truly cares about our employees. We are growing organically, not through acquisitions; so, our team and their professional development are important to us. With this position, we will provide a supportive learning environment as well as great opportunities to develop writing, business development, operations, and systems knowledge, skills, and abilities.
The position will serve to:
- Coordinate with the technical team and subcontractors in support of the proposal manager and proposal department team members, tracking status, and maintaining proposal schedules.
- Prepare forms and track data call responses.
- Provide coordination, review, editing, and development of compliance matrices.
- Perform other duties as assigned, as directed by the proposal manager.
There may be other tasks required by this position, including, but not limited to:
- Social media posts.
- Assisting capture managers in tracking opportunities.
- Researching solicitation opportunities.
- Data management.
- You are a professional and understand that advancement requires hard work, putting in time both learning and doing the work, and performing tasks that are tedious.
- You can meet high pressure deadlines without stressing out.
- You are willing to potentially work extra when a deadline is approaching.
- You pay attention to detail. Please demonstrate your attention to detail by editing the top line of your resume with the line “Detail-oriented proposal coordinator ready for a challenge.”
- You enjoy working in a team but are also capable of working on task on your own without being micromanaged.
- You can think outside the box and know how to get things done if they do not fit specifically into the directions you have been given.
Minimum Skills and Education Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree or an Associates degree.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience writing.
- Strong writing, editing, and communication skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office; mostly formatting in Word and Excel using styles and other customized tools.
At least one (1) year of state or federal government solicitation experience.