Regional Accounting Manager - West (Hybrid)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Trusted Service, Dedicated Team, Come & Join Us!
MEI Rigging & Crating has grown into one of the largest providers of rigging, machinery moving, millwrighting, mechanical installation, industrial storage, crating and export packing services in the U.S.
Our dedication to precision, safety and exceptional customer service remains strong. We believe our people are our best asset, and we are committed to them by providing opportunities for training, development, growth and enrichment.
Regional Accounting Manager – West (Hybrid)
The West Regional Accounting Manager is responsible for leading our accounting operations across West regional offices to currently include Los Angeles, Phoenix, Reno, and Salt Lake City; with additional future locations as MEI continues to grow and expand services. Duties include financial statement review, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, project accounting and job costing, and assist our General Managers with financial analysis and support.
Hybrid position with office at one of our regional locations within the region with travel requirement throughout the regional locations as needed.
A successful Regional Accounting Manager has a mindset focused on compliance, accuracy, and efficiency, who is able to consistently apply policies and procedures. A successful candidate must also be able to work in a time-sensitive environment with ability to multi-task and establish priorities, as well as being a collaborative leader dedicated to supervise, engage and develop accounting staff. Will partner with the General Managers, the Corporate Accounting Team and stakeholder to provide financial and accounting support as needed.
What You Will Do:
- Lead month-end close activities, including journal entries and financial statement review in coordination with Corporate Office and in accordance with GAAP
- Lead project accounting effort including ensuring utilizing software properly to track job costing and utilization data, with a constant focus on margin analysis
- Supervise both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable process and activities
- Understand project accounting set-up in ERP, project billing (AIAs), and understand the difference between MSA, subcontract agreements and Purchase Orders
- Provide monthly reports to corporate office on job margins, equipment utilization, labor utilization
- Oversee annual budgeting process in local offices, in conjunction with corporate office
- Create capital expenditure justifications for asset purchases, including monitoring equipment rental costs and making recommendations to GM regarding buy/rent decisions
- Monitor overtime utilization and make recommendation to GM around timing of hires
- Work with project managers to ensure they have the data needed to effectively manage their projects
- Master the entire portal process from Quote to Invoice and ensure continuous training for the team; while leading process improvement for optimal utilization and making recommendations to the programming specialists
- Perform monthly variance analysis on financial statements to provide corporate office with explanations for variance against plan
- Track property leases and manage vendor contracts connected with local Regional Office
- Effective customer management including the ability to thoroughly review of customer contracts, purchase orders, and master service contracts, and the establishment of credit approvals and limits
- Review and process Lien waivers/releases
What You Need to Succeed:
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s in Accounting or combination of education and experience to demonstrate a strong understanding of accounting principles
- A minimum of (5) five years of experience as an Accounting Manager, Controller, or related accounting or finance leadership role
- Preference for project accounting and job costing
- Knowledge for CCIP, ROCIP, etc. set-up for customers
- Knowledge of Certified Payroll/prevailing wages
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and project management skills
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Applications and accounting software (ERP D365)
MEI Rigging & Crating LLC
AddressSalt Lake City, UT
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Regional Accounting Manager jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.