Outside Sales - Chantilly, Virginia
- Posted: over a month ago
Looking for career opportunities, an employer who develops their people, a place to make your mark? If so, we are looking for you. A&A Transfer (An MEI company) is a professional machinery moving company. We are a leader in our field, and we provide quality machinery moving services to our clients ranging from Aerospace, Automotive, Data Centers, Healthcare, Industrial, Institutional, Manufacturing, and Pharmaceutical companies to every industry in between. We are known in the industry for our professionalism, safety focus, quality methods, and skilled team. We are committed to ensuring that our clients can provide their products & services to the communities that we live in. Our people are our best asset, and we invest in training, support, and we promote from within. If you are looking to be a part of a great team, please apply!
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The outside sales position is responsible for building A&A Transfer/MEI relationships with businesses and industrial establishments to provide solutions, resources, and abilities. Responsibility to build, establish and maintain customer relationships to maximize sales. In collaboration with internal partners, will estimate and manage projects to ensure company deliverables are achieved.
- Actively maintain customer information and consistently contact/manage leads and prospect lists.
- Coordinate job walks and assist with customer bids/estimates to accurately price projects.
- In collaboration with estimating department, communicate with customer to understand project specifications, scope, and schedules.
- Build and maintain existing and new customers relationships with excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including presentations, negotiations, persuasion and listening to ensure solid customer base of recurring business.
- Develop highly effective relationships with customers, business partners, operations management, and support staff.
- Effectively manage projects by organizing all project information to ensure work orders are accurate and contain all necessary information.
- Consistently gain knowledge regarding industry and market information and trends.
- Monitor competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products, new products, merchandising techniques, etc.
- Recommend changes in products, service, and policy by evaluating results and competitive developments.
- Manage customer complaints by investigating problems; developing solutions; preparing reports; making recommendations to management.
- Develop professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Assist with collections and accounts receivable as required.
- Actively participate in sales meetings.
- Ability to adhere to company structure and internal processes and utilize support team as necessary (Estimating, PM, Operations depts)
- Administer historical records by maintaining data on area and customer sales.
- Local travel required for client prospecting and client site meetings.
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Skills, and Education)
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, Bachelor’s degree in Project or Construction Management or related degree a plus.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, Outlook) and Gantt charts is a must.
- Excellent data analysis and project organizational skills.
- Minimum five (5) years’ proven sales experience or comparable field preferably within the construction, transportation/distribution, project management, crating/packing or rigging industry.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience working in Microsoft Office Applications and CRM software
- Proven track record in the market (location) serving
- Strong numerical data analysis abilities and mechanical aptitude
- Exhibits entrepreneurial spirit and demonstrates ability to excel in competitive, fast paced sales and services environment
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Outgoing, cooperative, and positive demeanor
- Excellent project management and problem-solving skills.
- Highly self-directed, self-motivated, and adaptable.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Applications and CRM software.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Standard office environment including work at a computer terminal. Work involves extended periods of sitting, occasional walking and lifting up to 10 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to work in a high functioning team environment. Display the highest levels of honesty, integrity, and professionalism. Take pride in your work and in the company. Communicate openly and strive for peak performance in daily tasks. Know and deliver the quality service MEI’s customers have come to expect.
This job description is intended to summarize the type and level of work performed by the incumbent and is not an exhaustive list of duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
MEI is an equal opportunity employer.
MEI Rigging & Crating LLC
BusinessView all jobs at MEI Rigging & Crating LLC