Accounting Supervisor - Los Angeles
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Trusted Service, Dedicated Team, Come & Join Us!
MEI Rigging & Crating has grown into one of the largest providers of rigging, machinery moving, millwrighting, mechanical installation, industrial storage, crating and export packing services in the U.S.
Our dedication to precision, safety and exceptional customer service remains strong. We believe our people are our best asset, and we are committed to them by providing opportunities for training, development, growth and enrichment.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide leadership for the office administrative team to manage daily office activities including processing accounts receivable, accounts payable, project accounting, and job costing, and assist the general manager with financial analysis and support.
- Lead project accounting efforts including ensuring utilizing software properly to track job costing and utilization data, with a constant focus on margin analysis
- Supervise account receivable process in the office, including accurate, timely invoicing, collections, reducing AR aging days, and navigating the lien waiver process
- Supervise accounts payable process in the office, including purchasing, proper cost accounting, internal financial controls, and maximizing vendor discounts
- Coordinate with Corporate Office on the month-end process, reviewing financial reports, and communicating information that impacts accurate GAAP accounting
- Provide monthly reports to the corporate office on job margins, equipment utilization, labor utilization
- Monitor equipment rental costs and make recommendations to GM regarding buy/rent decisions
- Monitor overtime utilization and make recommendations to GM around the timing of hires
- Work with project managers to ensure they have the data needed to effectively manage their projects
- Understand the entire portal process from quote to invoicing, and oversee employee training and coordinate process improvement, including recommendations to the programming team as needed
- Perform monthly variance analyses
- Track property leases and oversee vendor contracts
- Effective customer management including the ability to thoroughly review customer contracts, purchase orders, and master service contracts, and the establishment of credit approvals and limits
- Review and process Lien waivers/releases
Minimum Qualifications (Experience, Skills, and Education)
- High School Diploma or GED and some post-secondary coursework for the combination of education and experience to demonstrate a strong understanding of accounting principles.
- MUST HAVE 3 years of experience in administrative leadership and/or office management.
- MUST HAVE a minimum of 1 year of experience working with accounting systems.
- Preference for project accounting and job costing
- Knowledge of CCIP, ROCIP, etc. set up for customers
- Knowledge of Certified Payroll/prevailing wages.
- ERP implementation experience.
- Embraces our Values, Vision, Mission, and Company Culture
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and project management skills.
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Applications and accounting software.
MEI Rigging & Crating LLC
AddressLa Mirada, CA
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Accounting Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.