- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MEDfarms is seeking an Accounting Manager. The ideal candidate must have solid communication, technology, analytical and management skills. Candidates should possess knowledge of all aspects of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP). You will be responsible for the management of the Accounting team and preparing monthly financials and related reports. This covers the maintenance of a sufficient system of accounting records and generation of periodic financial reports. You will also be responsible for a complete set of budgets and controls intended to enhance the precision of reported financial outcomes, mitigate risks, and ensure that reported results comply with international financial reporting standards and regularly accepted accounting principles. You will engage in all aspects of accounting administration, such as oversight of AP, AR, yearly external financial reviews, and preparation of the monthly and annual financial statements.
Controller Job Responsibilities:
• Oversee Accounting staff while organizing team objectives and work flow.
• Ensures proper controls are in place and assists in financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
• Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
• Monitors and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors.
• Oversees AP function while overseeing AP staff and works with internal and external stakeholders to ensure a smooth process.
• Oversee the AR function and AP staff.
• Monitors cash flows and advises the CFO and senior management on cash flow decisions.
• Prepares budgets by establishing schedules; collecting, analyzing, and consolidating financial data; recommending plans.
• Achieves budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
• Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements.
• Ensures financial systems and reporting are both compliant and accurate.
• Completes operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
• Protects operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
Accounting Manager Qualifications / Skills:
• Managing and developing accounting processes
• Financial software - Quickbooks
• Developing controls and accounting policies
• Auditing, accounting, and financial statement preparation
• Developing budgets
• Performance management
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting.
• 10+ years of progressively responsible experience – ideally 3-5 years having run an accounting department for a $20M + company
• CPA license is preferred – not mandatory
• Ability to respond effectively to complaints and sensitive inquiries
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at MEDfarms