Wound Care RN, Home Health, Full Time, Days - Relocation Offered!
Middle River, MD
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Acts as a resource, consultant and educator in care coordination/case management for patients requiring clinical expertise related to wound care. Provides clinical care, management and oversight to a population of wound patients to support best practice and outcomes. Offers input for policy, procedure, competency evaluation, standardization of care, quality assurance and outcome evaluations of home care patients with wound needs. Supports staff education related to wound patients. Participates in product selection and evaluation for patient specialty care needs including review of wound product formulary._x000D__x000D_
- High School Diploma or GED from an accredited School of Nursing. Required
- BSN Preferred Experience
- Home health experience and/or other nursing experience within the last 2 years Required
- 1-2 years 2 years acute care experience (ICU, CCU, Med-Surg, Oncology, Gerontology) within the last 5 years and 1-year home health nursing experience Preferred Licenses and Certifications
- Valid RN license in the District of Columbia, Maryland or Virginia, Required or
- any combination as required based on work location(s). Required and
- CPR certification Required and
- WCC or WTA certification required within 6 months of hire. within 180 Days Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Wound care related specialty skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills preferred.
- Acts as a lead visiting clinician for patients requiring wound care interventions.
- Provides wound care and oversight for a population of wound patients, to produce best practice towards wound outcomes.
- Demonstrates expertise related to wound assessment accuracy, documentation, including OASIS assessment accuracy related to wounds. Supports optimal wound outcomes and PDGM visit frequency management and wound product use and section that supports optimizing outcomes, formulary adherence and effective cost utilization of visits and wound products.
- Contributes to the achievement of established goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, and safety standards. Completes annual Code of Conduct, Compliance and other mandatory training. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Offers input to current educational resources for patients and clinicians.
- Contributes and provides input to education, programs, and materials to enhance wound outcomes. Supports education related to wound care.
- Maintains effective working relationships with other departments.
- Maintains professional certification, professional standards of practice and continuing professional development per WCC certification, demonstrates knowledge base current with the health care industry and specialty area.
- Supports QAPI initiatives related to wound care issues.
- Demonstrates adherence to formulary for best practice outcomes as well as supporting effective cost management and supply utilization.
- Supports other clinicians by providing input in product selection and wound care plan implementation for wound patients.
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Customer Service
AddressMiddle River, MD
HealthcareView all jobs at MEDSTAR HEALTH
Get fresh LPN Wound Care jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.