Registered Nurse ICU RN FT Nights Harbor Hospital - Relocation Offered!
- Posted: January 31, 2023
MedStar Harbor Hospital is seeking experienced RNs to fill roles
in our combined ICU / IMC.
Are you an RN with at least 1 year of experience in MedSurg Tele or Stepdown?
Are you looking for a flexible schedule or self-scheduling options?
Are you looking for an organization that values your input and creates growth opportunities for you and your nursing career?
If you answered "yes" - Let's talk!
It's How We Treat People
Benefits of working at MedStar:
Ø Generous benefit plans that start the 1st of the month following your start date
Ø Free parking for associates at all 4 Baltimore hospitals
Ø System-wide RN referral bonus program - up to $6000 per RN
Ø Relocation assistance up to $3500 if you live 50 miles away from your location
Ø Career growth opportunities galore as we are part of a 10-bed hospital system with 300 outpatient locations- MedStar promotes from within!
Ø “It's how we treat people” : our organization is truly committed to our employees and focuses on employee wellness as well as diversity and inclusion.
Ø High Reliability Organization (HRO) culture: https://www.centerfortransforminghealthcare.org/high-reliability-in-health-care/
ADN required with enrollment and graduation from a BSN program within 3 years of start date.
BLS required; ACLS within 6 months of start date
1 year of experience in a hospital/ acute care setting
Professional care provider who assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the nursing care of patients from admission through discharge. In collaboration with the patient and family, provides theory-based professional nursing care and coordinates care delivery with various members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Associate's degree from an accredited School of Nursing Required
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing from an accredited School of Nursing Preferred
- Bachelor's degree enrollment required within 6 months of start date and completion within 3 years. Required Experience
- 1-2 years RN experience Required Licenses and Certifications
- RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure and/or Compact State Licensure in the state or jurisdiction of the facility seeking employment Upon Hire Required or
- RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure and/or Compact State Licensure license eligible Upon Hire Required and
- CPR - Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation by completion of introductory period. within 30 Days Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic math skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills required
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, safety standards, and MedStar SPIRIT Values. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Collects and analyzes significant patient's information that pertains to physical, psychological, socio-cultural, economic, spiritual, and life-style behaviors and efficiently leveraging available technology.
- Functions autonomously providing relationship-based care that promotes continuous, consistent, efficient and accountable delivery of nursing care using the nursing process with a favorable focus on patient experience.
- Identifies current and potential complex problems of specific patient populations, critically analyzes trends and changes in patient status, and plans appropriate interventions.
- Incorporates evidence-based practice and research into patient care delivery, with a focus on quality and safety.
- Serves as a patient advocate by independently communicating clinical concerns, including ethical decisions, in a timely manner to other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Practices within legal boundaries of nurse practice act and possesses a theoretical understanding of the universal ethical principles. Recognizes ethical discourse in practice and may seek other resources in advocacy for support and counsel.
- Individualizes patients plan of care, focusing on short and long-range goals and effectively uses a variety of teaching resources to meet the learning needs of patients and families.
- Communicates patient information clearly and accurately in verbal and written format.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment. Identifies actual and potential patient safety issues and acts accordingly while incorporating HRO quality and safety principles.
- Demonstrates effective leadership behaviors. Establishes priorities and delegates tasks to peers and ancillary staff as appropriate to scope of practice and unit requirements.
- Effectively uses problem identification and resolution skills, focusing on the clinical scenario to resolve the apparent concern. Follows the chain of command by consulting with other healthcare professionals and seeks assistance as needed.
- Independently communicates concerns in a timely manner and makes suggestions to members of the interdisciplinary team by seeking and using resources effectively.
- Evaluates the patient's response to treatment and progress toward short and long-range goals and revises nursing interventions as appropriate.
- Identifies patient and family needs prior to discharge. Initiates and monitors discharge planning activities in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Independently identifies resources and strategies to enhance professional growth and development and commits to life-long learning.
- Supports and contributes to the unit, department, entity, and organizational goals inclusive of the mission, vision, and values.
- Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts.
- Participates in multi-disciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
HealthcareView all jobs at MEDSTAR HEALTH
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?