Registered Nurse DAYSHIFT Pediatric Sedation (RN, MGUH, Full-Time) (Washington, DC)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full-time Dayshiftposition available with MedStar Georgetown University HospitalsPediatric Sedation Team
- 4 10-hour Shifts
- No Nights, Weekends or Holidays
- Competitive salaries
- 20 Days of Paid Time Off per year plus personal time/holidays
- Relocation reimbursement
- Generous Total Rewards Benefits Package
- Matched Retirement Savings Plan
- Nationally renowned Nursing Wellbeing Program
Ourfull-time sedation service, led by pediatric intensivists, provides sedationfor non-invasive to minimally invasive procedures lasting a few minutes toseveral hours. Our team consists of highly skilled pediatric sedation nursesand child life specialists that deliver care to over 1,000 children per year.
The sedation team assesses the level of sedation needed and develops a plan ofcare for each child on an individualized basis. Our goal is to minimize thepain and emotional stress of treatment for the child while also supportingtheir family.
The Pediatric Procedural Sedation Service at MedStar Georgetown UniversityHospital provides sedation for any medical procedure or test that is painful oranxiety-producing. The service includes elective procedures and both inpatientsand outpatients. It is commonly used for CT Scans, EEG, Bronchoscopies, MRImaging (MRI, MRA, MRV), Endoscopy (EGD, Colonoscopy), VCUG, PET Scans, BoneMarrow, Aspirations/Biopsies, Lumbar Punctures, Bone Scans, Liver/Kidney Biopsies,Radiation Treatments/Cyberknife, Skin Biopsies, Botulism Toxin Injections, PICCLine Placements, Dressing Changes, Hearing Evaluations (Auditory BrainstemResponse), Interventional Radiology Procedures.
Theincumbent in this position is responsible for providing competent professionalnursing care using the nursing process. These functions are performed inaccordance with all applicable laws and regulations and Medstar GeorgetownUniversity Hospital's philosophy, policies, procedures, and standards.
Professional care provider who assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates the nursing care of patients from admission through discharge. In collaboration with the patient and family, provides theory-based professional nursing care and coordinates care delivery with various members of the interdisciplinary team.
- BSN preferred
- Associate's degree from an accredited School of Nursing required; Bachelor's degree enrollment required within 6 months of start date and completion within 3 year required Experience
- 1-2 years RN experience required Licenses and Certifications
- RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure and/or Compact State Licensure required or
- CPR - Cardiac Pulmonary Resuscitation required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Basic math skills.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills required
- Standard Job Duty: Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards, safety standards, and MedStar SPIRIT Values. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Collects and analyzes significant patient's information that pertains to physical, psychological, socio-cultural, economic, spiritual, and life-style behaviors and efficiently leveraging available technology.
- Functions autonomously providing relationship-based care that promotes continuous, consistent, efficient and accountable delivery of nursing care using the nursing process with a favorable focus on patient experience.
- Identifies current and potential complex problems of specific patient populations, critically analyzes trends and changes in patient status, and plans appropriate interventions.
- Incorporates evidence-based practice and research into patient care delivery, with a focus on quality and safety.
- Serves as a patient advocate by independently communicating clinical concerns, including ethical decisions, in a timely manner to other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Practices within legal boundaries of nurse practice act and possesses a theoretical understanding of the universal ethical principles. Recognizes ethical discourse in practice and may seek other resources in advocacy for support and counsel.
- Individualizes patients plan of care, focusing on short and long-range goals and effectively uses a variety of teaching resources to meet the learning needs of patients and families.
- Communicates patient information clearly and accurately in verbal and written format.
- Maintains a safe and therapeutic environment. Identifies actual and potential patient safety issues and acts accordingly while incorporating HRO quality and safety principles.
- Demonstrates effective leadership behaviors. Establishes priorities and delegates tasks to peers and ancillary staff as appropriate to scope of practice and unit requirements.
- Effectively uses problem identification and resolution skills, focusing on the clinical scenario to resolve the apparent concern. Follows the chain of command by consulting with other healthcare professionals and seeks assistance as needed.
- Independently communicates concerns in a timely manner and makes suggestions to members of the interdisciplinary team by seeking and using resources effectively.
- Evaluates the patient's response to treatment and progress toward short and long-range goals and revises nursing interventions as appropriate.
- Identifies patient and family needs prior to discharge. Initiates and monitors discharge planning activities in collaboration with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Independently identifies resources and strategies to enhance professional growth and development and commits to life-long learning. Engages in professional growth and development through reflective practice from performance feedback and participates in entity professional development activities.
- Supports and contributes to the unit, department, entity, and organizational goals inclusive of the mission, vision, and values.
- Standard Job Duty: Participates in meetings and on committees and represents the department and hospital in community outreach efforts.
- Standard Job Duty: Participates in multi-disciplinary quality and service improvement teams.
- Maintains direct observation of patient when functioning as an Observation Attendant
- Customer Service
HealthcareView all jobs at MEDSTAR HEALTH
Get fresh Sedation Nurse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.