Registered Nurse Clinical Nursing Supervisor
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position has off shift accountability for managing resources, to ensure quality, cost-effective delivery of culturally competent patient services for specific patient populations, in multiple units. Is recognized as a professional role model and clinical expert, and promotes a professional environment that supports continuous learning. This is accomplished by direct action, delegation, coaching and support of division of nursing staff and shared governance activities.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing Required
- Master's degree in Nursing, Health Care or Business Administration Preferred Experience
- 3-4 years of progressively more responsible job related experience Required Licenses and Certifications
- Licensure as a registered nurse in the District of Columbia Required and
- Certification as a Clinical Nurse Specialist Preferred or
- Nurse Practitioner Preferred and
- specialty certification in clinical specialty from a nationally recognized nursing organization within 1 Year Required or
- CCRN certification within 1 Year Required and
- BLS and
- COMMUNICATION & RELATIONSHIP BUILDING_x000D_ Assumes clinical supervision for multiple units on a designated shift. Consults, advises or informs Nursing Director, or appropriate manager, concerning clinical issues, unit needs and problems on the assigned tour of duty. Keeps Nursing Director informed of department activities during those shifts._x000D_ Attends meetings and participates on committees as required._x000D_ Creates a professional atmosphere and an environment of coaching and development that supports shared governance. Directly supports all shared governance activities._x000D_ Communicates operational issues that occur on the assigned tour of duty to the Administrator On-Call as well as senior Medical and Nursing Leaders._x000D_
- KNOWLEDGE OF HEALTHCARE ENVIRONMENT/BUSINESS SKILLS_x000D_ Conducts unit and patient rounds to ensure delivery of patient care as indicated by Washington Hospital Center standards of Care._x000D_ Coordinates inter- and intra-departmental operations related to the delivery of patient care. _x000D_ Provides in-service education on the tour of duty for personnel in conjunction with clinical specialist. _x000D_ Collaborates with nursing management (Nursing Directors, Assistant Nursing Directors) in the assessment of staff competencies. Participates in assessing staff performance against objectives; coaches, mentors, develops and evaluates associates to achieve behaviors aligned with the organization's vision, mission and values, and Magnet criterion and performance standards._x000D_Works collaboratively with the Nursing Director to seek and utilize information (including research findings) to support a budget, which meets organizational objectives, patient care standards and quality of care._x000D_ Provides clinical leadership through role modeling professional practice behaviors and maintain role accountabilities of the staff._x000D_ Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet specific patient needs._x000D_ Maintains knowledge of current trends and development in the field of nursing through reading the appropriate literature and attending related seminars, conferences, inservices, etc._x000D_ Prepares reports, documenting relevant information and statistics as directed._x000D_ Ensures compliance with unit, divisional and hospital policies, procedures, Department of Health and JCAHO regulations/standards and takes corrective action when deficiencies occur._x000D_ Utilizes approaches and strategies that support and optimize patient care outcomes that are based on the interdisciplinary plan of care and absolutes of IMOC and Contemporary Primary Nursing_x000D_ Takes action to support the National Patient Safety Goals, nursing sensitive indicators, regulatory requirements (i.e. DC Health, TJC) and other identified quality metrics._x000D_
- LEADERSHIP/PROFESSIONALISM_x000D_ Assists in the development and establishment of goals and objectives for their
- Customer Service
HealthcareView all jobs at MEDSTAR HEALTH
Get fresh Clinical Nurse Supervisor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.