Clinical Nurse Lead OR Room
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Delivers expert nursing care to patient and family whose needs range from uncomplicated to highly complex.
- Bachelor's degree of Science in Nursing (BSN) Required
- Waiver may be obtained with a plan to achieve BSN within five years and approval of the Chief Nurse Executive. Experience
- 2 years of operating room experience Preferred Licenses and Certifications
- RN - Registered Nurse - State Licensure and/or Compact State Licensure in Washington DC (or awaiting endorsement) Required and
- CNOR - Certified Operating Room Nurse Required and
- BLS - Basic Life Support Preferred
- Clinical:_x000D_ Delivers expert nursing care to patient and family whose needs range from uncomplicated to highly complex. _x000D_ Identifies current and potential complex problems of a specific patient population, critically analyzes trends and changes in patient status, and plans appropriate interventions directly or indirectly through other nurses. Assesses needs of patients with highly complex problems. _x000D_ Develops a written care plan that communicates to all caregivers the individualized needs of a patient with highly complex problems. _x000D_ Identifies and evaluates long and short-range goals of nursing interventions. _x000D_ Serves as a patient advocate by independently communicating clinical concerns in a timely manner to other members of the health care team. _x000D_ Documents patient information in a manner that reflects the ability to integrate the nursing assessment data, pathophysiology of disease processes, and the therapeutic regimen into an appropriate evaluation of the patient status. _x000D_ Coordinates the care of patient(s) with increasingly complex nursing care needs (specific to unit needs). _x000D_
- Educational:_x000D_ Implements education and training to Bridge Program participants as outlined by Bridge Program Educator. _x000D_ Supports training of new staff to department in overall department as well as specific specialty training. _x000D_ Implements specialty training through double scrub or double circulate in collaboration with Perioperative Educator. _x000D_ Assists with identifying clinical deficits in service line and coordinate with Patient Care Manager's to provide in-services. _x000D_ Is proficient in training novice staff in specialty if needed, _x000D_
- Leadership:_x000D_ Creates a positive and welcoming environment to staff. _x000D_ Assists with orientation of new staff to perioperative environment and unit. _x000D_
- Administrative:_x000D_ Participates in the implementation of unit assessments and audits, including quality assurance and patient classification, product evaluation and product utilization. _x000D_ Assumes formally designated resource role for colleagues in unit management. _x000D_ Assumes formally designated resource/liaison role for colleagues in the clinical management of patients. _x000D_
- Operations:_x000D_ Participates in the formulation, implementation, maintenance and evaluation of unit goals, objectives, policies and procedures and budgets, as appropriate, and assumes responsibility for the achievement of unit goals. _x000D_ Chairs unit-based committees or projects and/or participates in hospital-based committees or projects as appropriate. _x000D_ Participates in the implementation of unit assessments and audits, including quality assurance and patient classification, product evaluation and product utilization. _x000D_ Assesses patient care needs, establishes priorities and delegates tasks to peers and ancillary support staff
- Research:_x000D_ Demonstrates the initiative to seek out current nursing research findings that address patient care issues and communicates relevant research findings to staff. _x000D_ Participates in data research process on unit-based research projects as appropriate. _x000D_
- Customer Service
HealthcareView all jobs at MEDSTAR HEALTH
Get fresh Clinical Lead Nurse jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.