The Medical Collections Associate is a critical role in our Central Business Office responsible for effectively and efficiently managing the accounts receivable process for an assigned group of payors.
Under the direction of the Collections Manager, the Collections Associate:
- Ensures healthcare claims are processed accurately to secure timely payment.
- Responds to inquiries, questions, and concerns from patients regarding the status of healthcare claims in a clear, concise, and courteous manner.
- Conducts follow-up and submits reimbursement appeals for unpaid and/or inappropriately paid healthcare claims; ensures appropriate documentation of billing, follow-up, collection, and appeal efforts are recorded on accounts.
- Identifies, researches, and ensures timely processing of billing errors and corrections as they relate to healthcare claims; actively participates in problem identification and resolution and coordinates resolutions between appropriate parties.
- Associate's degree (A. A.) or equivalent from an accredited college, university or technical school; or three to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Previous high-volume collections experience with HMO’s, PPO’s, Worker's Comp, Medicare and Medicaid strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 codes
- Previous experience and demonstrated ability to thrive in a production-driven environment
- Excellent time management & multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook suite of products; demonstrated aptitude for learning new software programs
- Superior verbal and written communication skills