At Med-Fit we strategically combine nutrition, fitness and mindset under one roof to facilitate long-term weight loss success for our patients. As a Health Coach at Med-Fit, you'll work alongside other top-trained health coaches, dietitians and personal trainers to create an individualized plan for each patient that walks through our doors. We pride ourselves on teaching our patients the tools they need to succeed, so the weight stays off long after their program ends. We use our own developed curriculum that involves weekly practical application to elicit change. If you have a passion for health and wellness, are innovative, team-oriented and possess excellent communication skills, we want to talk to you!
Primary Responsibilities Include:
· Meet daily with patients to assist in successful implementation of individualized program
· Provide mindset, nutrition and fitness counseling through set curriculum
· Help patients work through obstacles keeping them from reaching their goals utilizing motivational interviewing techniques
· Implement individual and group treatment modalities to address unhealthy lifestyle choices
· Perform fitness assessments, train and create workouts for patients
· Contribute to the improvement of systems and processes within the organization
· Collaborate with team members to adjust programs, design and implement new curriculum,
problem solve, etc.
· Assist with Marketing efforts including contributing to social media (FB, IG, Twitter, YouTube),
engage in the Facebook groups, Facebook LIVE, Front Porch ad, email promos, etc.
· Contribute to overall sales goals set forth by organization
· Facilitate new business
· Assist with starting a patient on a program which includes consent forms and payment plans
· Assist with any cross-coverage responsibilities needed among other members of the team
· Participate in building community with our patients from interaction on Facebook, participating in 5k events, hosting patient appreciation events in the office, etc.
Successful Candidates Must Have:
· Ability to develop and implement all aspects (mindset, fitness and nutritional) of patient program
· Ability to facilitate and implement individualized and group educational sessions
· Attention to detail
· Proficient with all Microsoft Office programs.
· Excellent organizational skills, including well-developed oral and written communication skills
· Positive and proactive attitude toward patients and employees
· Ability to multitask and prioritize work with minimal supervision
· Flexibility to adapt quickly to changes associated with a growing business
· A “patient-centered” mindset
· Team and collaborative mindset
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Exercise Science, Dialectics, Psychology or a related field
· 1-2 years’ experience in motivational interviewing
· 1-2 years’ experience in fitness program design
· 1-2 years’ experience with nutrition programming and meal planning
· Current ACSM or ACE Fitness and Nutrition certification