GRC Intermediate Budget Analyst
MDW Associates is seeking Intermediate Budget Analysts to provide sound financial stewardship, expert analysis, and innovative approaches to our National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) client at Glenn Research Center in Cleveland, OH. (work will be hybrid, with 2 days a week onsite, and 3 days remote).
Essential job functions will include but may not be limited to:
- Serve as an analyst to systematically integrate business, cost estimating and financial management processes aiding to ensure the efficient stewardship of public funds
- Support the formulation of strategic financial plans, prepares cost estimates, and correlates financing requirements into executable budgets
- Possess thorough knowledge of the allocation, execution, and administration of approved budgets
- Assess products and procedures for compliance with Government standards, accounting principles, internal controls, and multi-tiered system application standards
- Ensure that tasks are completed in the time frame specified by the client and assist in the preparation of milestone status reports and presentations for colleagues, subordinates, management, and end user representatives
- Meet constantly changing deadlines and accept new assignments with varying requirements; deliver to a high level of completeness and accuracy
- May serve as a mentor and resource for junior contractor budget analysts assisting with their development
- May leverage expertise to support multiple Organizations and/or Centers
- 4+ years of specialized experience in budget analysis or related field
- Specialized experience includes monitoring, analyzing, and reporting budget formulation and execution activities for enterprise level, complex programs with multi-million dollar annual value by reviewing and assessing historical financial data and trends, developing budget estimates, monitoring actual expenses, and making recommendations to resolve budgetary discrepancies using integrated enterprise resources management systems and tools
- Proficient with Excel
- Proficient in the accounting systems and processes of the Centers supported
- Familiar with activity-based costing, business case analysis and outsourcing requirements
- Must be able to grasp interrelationships between financial management requirements and automated solutions, considering the current system environment and the potential integration of added systems concurrently or later
- Candidates for this position must possess a BA/BS degree.
Incorporated in 2012, MDW is a small business headquartered in Washington, DC with offices in Huntsville, AL. We provide Federal government clients with consulting, management services, advisory and assistance services, decision support, strategic planning, process planning and improvement, task execution and metrics analysis. Our mission is to make our clients more successful by providing honest assessments, exceptional analysis, prudent advice, direct communication, and hard work.
Our core capabilities include:
- Strategic Planning
- Cost Estimating
- Budget Programming and Justification
- Budget Execution
- Acquisition Management
- Financial Systems Support & Integration
MDW Associates, LLC ("MDW") is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy or any other unlawful basis unrelated to the ability to do the job. MDW seeks to employ talented, ethical, and entrepreneurial-minded persons. Our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination as required by Federal law.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits and compensation package for our employees, including but not limited to:
- Group Life Insurance/Long Term Disability/Short Term Disability
- Flexible Leave Policy
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
MDW AssociatesCleveland, OH
Finance and Insurance
Explore similar jobsMore Jobs Like This
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.