DTS Reviewer and Travel SME
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MDW is currently seeking a mid-level DTS Reviewer and Travel SME to support our F-35 Joint Strike Fighter customer in Arlington, VA or Crystal City, VA. The DTS Reviewer and Travel SME will provide subject matter expertise on official business travel guidance, DTS support, and serves as a travel reviewer in the approval process for travel authorizations and vouchers. Note that this position requires candidates be located within reasonable proximity to Arlington and/or Crystal City, VA in order to support the JPO customer with on-site meetings and other in-person requirements.
- A minimum of two (2) years DTS support performing travel prep, review, and approving DTS orders/vouchers
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with the Defense Travel Systems (DTS) and Defense Joint Travel Regulations, and Department of Defense Financial Management Regulations as they relate to travel and demonstrates the ability to research such regulations and local business rules to obtain special allowances or authorizations from appropriate offices
- Knowledge of government travel charge card systems - US Citibank Commercial Card System and Central Billing Accounts
- Required Travel Explorer (TraX) Classes: 1) DTS Basics, 2) DTS 101, 3) Programs & Policies (P&P) DOD Travel Policies, 4) P&P - City Pair Program, 5) P&P - S. Government Rental Car Program, 6) DTS Cancellation Procedures, 7) OCONUS Travel, 8) DTS Constructed Travel, 9) DTS Itinerary Changes, and 10) DTS Personal Leave w/Official Travel
- Degree in Business Management or related discipline or an Associate's Degree plus 4 years of additional related work experience required
- Completion of the Travel Explorer (TraX) courses captured in experience section
- Candidates for this position must currently possess a US DoD Secret security clearance or higher
Incorporated in 2012, MDW is a small business headquartered in Washington, DC with employees in various locations in the United States. We provide Federal government clients with consulting, management services, advisory and assistance services, decision support, strategic planning, process planning and improvement, task execution and metrics analysis. Our mission is to make our clients more successful by providing honest assessments, exceptional analysis, prudent advice, direct communication, and hard work.
Our core capabilities include:
- Strategic Planning
- Cost Estimating
- Budget Formulation & Funds Execution
- Data Analysis
- Acquisition Management
- Financial Systems Support & Integration
MDW Associates, LLC ("MDW") is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, covered veteran status, mental or physical disability, pregnancy or any other unlawful basis unrelated to the ability to do the job. MDW seeks to employ talented, ethical, and entrepreneurial-minded persons. Our applicants and employees are protected from discrimination as required by Federal law.
We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits and compensation package for our employees, including but not limited to:
- Group Life Insurance/Long Term Disability/Short Term Disability
- Flexible Leave Policy
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Get fresh Defense Travel System DTS jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.