Registered Nurse RN Intensive Care ICU for the Air Force
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Registered Nurse, Intensive Care ICU Critical Care RN for Nellis Air Force Base
99th Medical Group, Mike O'Callaghan Medical Center, Las Vegas, NV
The Mike O’Callaghan Military Medical Center is one of the Air Force’s leading academic and medical centers of excellence. The Critical Care Unit (CCU) is a 12-bed intensive and intermediate care ward that provides ready, reliable care to adults in need of advanced care and monitoring.
Full-time, civilian contractor, employed position
Benefits include: PTO, Sick time, holiday pay, health insurance
- Education: Graduate from an accredited college or university
- Degree: Must have BSN Degree or higher
- Experience: Must have at least 3 years experience in adult Critical Care.
- Critical Care experience in the following areas required: hemodynamic monitoring, continuous renal replacement therapy, Intra-Aortic Balloon Pump, vasoactive medication titration, ventilation management
- Mandatory Certifications: BLS, ACLS, PALS. Must obtain TNCC certification within 90 days of hire
- Board Certification: CCRN highly preferred
- License: Active RN license from any state
- COVID Vaccination: must have received 2 doses of the same COVID vaccination to be eligible to work at this position.
- Must be US Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Knowledge of professional care theories, principles, practices, disease process and procedures to perform nursing assignments of moderate difficulty and experience to acutely ill pediatric, adult, and geriatric patients as appropriate. Utilizes the nursing process as a basis for professional practice.
- Knowledge of various pharmacological agents used in patient treatment, the desired effects, side effects, and complications of their use as well as the accurate administration of the pharmacologic agent, including dosage calculations as required.
- Skill in setting up, operating and monitoring specialized medical equipment such as invasive monitoring devices, EKG units, oxygen analyzers, nebulizers, and other unit specific equipment.
- Performs/assists with procedures such as bladder catheterizations, administration of oxygen, EKGs, phlebotomy and other unit specific procedures, in accordance with established protocols.
- Three (3), Twelve (12) hours shifts a week
- Must be open to work both days and night shifts depending on facility need
- not to exceed 40 hours per week
Duty Hours: Day shift hours are 0645-1845, night shift is 1845-0645.
MDPerm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MDPerm does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
Get fresh Air Force Rn jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.