Physician Assistant (PA) for Joint Base McGuire Dix Ambulatory Care
Physician Assistant (PA) for Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst, NJ
87th Medical Support Squadron- McGuire Ambulatory Care Facility provides patient-centered care, primary care, family health
- Degree: Bachelor’s Degree
- Education: Graduate from an accredited college or university certified by the Accreditation Review Commission on Education of the Physician Assistant (NCCPA).
- Degree Certification: Certified by the National Commission on Certification of the Physician Assistant (NCCPA).
- Must have BLS, ACLS, PALS from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Licensure: Current full active and unrestricted license to practice as a Physician Assistant
Experience: Have at least 24 months of experience as an independently practicing Physician Assistant within the last 36 months.
Physician Assistant Duties:
- Provide a full range of Physician Assistant services in primary and specialty medical care within the limits of their training and privileges granted (e.g., supervise and provide general screening and medical care and examinations of patients for routine, acute and chronic conditions involving all organ systems; provide immunizations; diagnose, treat, and counsel patients as indicated.
- Technically direct and provide care for a variety of diseases and types of injuries (i.e., acute, chronic, and minor trauma), and the skills to recognize emergency conditions in order to diagnose, prescribe for and treat diseases, disorders, and injuries, and refer the more complex cases and serious conditions to qualified medical personnel and perform designated treatment.
- Technically direct and teach other staff, provide educational lectures, and participate in in-service training to staff members.
- Promote preventive care and health maintenance including annual physicals, positive health behaviors and self-care through both formal and individual education and counseling.
- Identify a medical problem and determine appropriate action to meet the problem, including referral to a physician.
- Perform specific diagnostic and therapeutic practices and procedures in accordance with scope of practice.
- Establish collaborative rapport with physician, nursing, and others in order to promote and facilitate primary care services.
- Teach patients and family member's healthy regimen and responsibility for achieving wellness
Physician Assistant Hours/Days: Monday-Friday; 730am-430pm, 40hrs per week
Location For Physician Assistant
87th Medical Support Squadron
3458 Neely Road (Rm 1H15), JB MDL, NJ 08641
MDPerm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MDPerm does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.