MDPerm Goldsboro, NC
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Clinical Psychologist for Seymour Johnson Air Force Base
Mental Health Section, Health and Wellness and Medical Group
Full-Time, Civilian Contractor position (long term contract 1yr-5yrs +)
Can be licensed in ANY state!
The Clinical Psychologist is responsible for and applies psychological procedures and techniques, including interviewing, behavioral assessment, evidenced-based therapies, and psychological testing/psycho-diagnostic testing, in the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of psychological and neuropsychological disorders. This position works with active duty military providing Individual, family and group psychotherapy, as well as, couples' therapy, alcohol and drug treatment evaluation.
- Doctor of Philosophy degree in clinical or counseling psychology from an American Psychology Association (APA) accredited psychology program.
- Graduate from an APA accredited college or university with a doctoral degree in clinical or counseling psychology.
- Shall have one-year professional experience treating military veterans, active duty and/or reservist, and at least two years' professional experience working in an outpatient mental health clinic.
- Shall have completed an APA accredited internship/residency in a professional psychology.
- Current, full, active, and unrestricted license to practice as a psychologist in any state, the District of Columbia, Guam, Puerto Rico, or US Virgin Islands.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
- Conduct applied research and clinical investigations in clinical/behavioral health psychology.
- Consults with medical personnel, legal authorities, military commanders and school districts, as required.
- Maintain accurate and current notes in both the mental health records and inpatient medical records of all patients seen, as appropriate, and produces reports of evaluation and/or treatment, as required.
- Practice within the guidelines of their state licensing board, American Psychological Association Ethical Principles and Code of Conduct, and MTF privileges.
- Conduct psychological evaluations utilizing information from clinical interviews, psychological testing, and collateral sources, as appropriate.
- Establish psychiatric diagnoses according to the American Psychiatric Association Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Disorders.
- Provide psychological treatment for individuals and groups; help medical and surgical patients deal with illnesses or injuries.
- Assist in rehabilitation of patients
Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Must be able and willing to reprioritize on short notice and work on multiple simultaneous projects. Flexible and able to work with various personalities. Team work skills required. Time management skills required. The ability to meet deadlines in a deadline intensive environment is essential. High level of adaptability and willingness to embrace change in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
MDPerm does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability or veteran status in provision of services or employment opportunities and benefits.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, or national origin.
Powered by JazzHR
HealthcareView all jobs at MDPerm