- Posted: over a month ago
Diagnostic Radiologist with Mammography
Civilian Contractor position for Ft. Hood, TX
In this role, you will provide care to our military service members, their families, and veterans within the Dept. of Radiology at Carl R. Darnall Army Medical Center - Fort Hood, Texas,
- Monday through Friday schedule
- 7:30 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- 10:00 a.m. until 7:00 p.m.
- Weekend/Holiday on call coverage
M.D. or D.O. licensed in any state
Successful completion of an approved internship and residency program
2 years' of experience practicing Diagnostic Radiology, experience with Mammography
- Must be a Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Osteopathy (D.O.) from an accredited college approved by the Council of Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association or Doctor of Osteopathy from a college accredited by the American Osteopathic Association.
- Must have and maintain a current, active, valid, unrestricted license in one of the 50 states in the U.S., the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- Must have successfully completed of an internship and residency training in a US accredited
- U.S. Diagnostic Radiology Training Program.
- The Radiologist shall have been continuously employed in the practice of diagnostic radiology or in training for the 2 years prior to the commencement of services under this contract.
- The provider must be board certified or board eligible in Diagnostic Radiology.
- Fluoroscopic and Radiographic Studies:
- Chest and Ribs; Skull and spine; Pelvis; Sinuses; Facial bones; Abdomen/KUB; Extremities; Arthrogram; Upper GI/Barium Swallow; Small Bowel Follow through Barium Enema (single and double contrast); Hysterosalpingography; Voidi; Cystourethrography;
- Mammography (They need someone who is ready to perform lots of mammography. Although MQSA certification is not listed they highly recommend. I can still present a physician without as long as they have mammography experience)
- Ultrasound Studies:
- Neonatal head; Neonatal Spine; Newborn Hips; Pelvis; Inguinal; Neck; Thyroid; Right Upper Quadrant; Renal; Spleen; Deep veins of the upper and lower extremities; Superficial lesion
- MRI Studies:
- Brain; Spine; Joints; MRCP; Abdomen (including renal, pancreas, or adrenal);Pelvis
- CT studies:
- Head and brain; Spine; Abdomen/pelvis; Angiography (brain, neck, chest, abdomen/pelvis, extremities, coronary arteries); Extremities
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- The physical work demands involve moderate and heavy physical exertion on a regular basis, to include standing for prolonged periods, lifting a variety of heavy equipment, positioning and lifting disabled individuals, making frequent postural changes according to patient responses, and demonstrating tests or tasks which require coordination, dexterity, speed, strength, bilateral coordination, writing and keyboarding.
- Review and interpret special procedures and nuclear medicine studies obtained on DoD beneficiaries from local and/or regional civilian medical centers, and Veterans Administration Hospitals within twenty-four (24) hours after receipt in the Department of Radiology if requested in writing by the Chief, Department of Radiology.
- Provide advice and opinions upon request by the Chief of Radiology in support of diagnostic interpretations of radiological examinations and procedures as provided in conjunction with patient care and treatment as provided by the contractor.
- Read STAT/"Wet" diagnostic studies within fifteen (15) minutes from the time the diagnostic studies are made available to the contract radiologist for interpretation. The response time on these diagnostic studies may be monitored by the COR at the government's discretion.
- The turn around time for reports should be as follows:
- STAT = 1 hour; ASAP = 24 hours; Routine = 72 hours
- Interpret all routine studies (including plain films, CT, US, nuclear medicine as available at the MTF) and submit a written report within twenty-four (24) hours after the study is performed.
- Accomplish fluoroscopic exams and special procedures on the daily schedule established at the direction of the Chief, Department of Radiology. These fluoroscopic exams and special procedures require same-day interpretation.
MDPerm is an Equal Opportunity Employer. MDPerm does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Powered by JazzHR
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?