Senior Marketing Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Are you dreaming of a job that allows you to develop innovative solutions to pressing business challenges -- and then translate those strategies into effective creative and tactical campaigns? Would you thrive in a highly collaborative, fast-paced agency environment where, no matter how experienced you are, you are constantly learning about new industries, new marketing tactics, and new technologies? If so, this position might have your name written all over it! The strategist is the conductor of the orchestra - working on several accounts, and collaborating with a team of account directors to set strategy, oversee execution and ensure performance aligns with client goals.
mdg, a Freeman Company, is a marketing and professional services agency with head, heart and a passion for what we do — delivering measurable results for event and association clients in diverse categories like education, healthcare, technology, energy, cupcakes, cheese curls and craft beer (we’ll explain those last three later). With a 44-year track record of success, mdg was named a “Best Place to Work” by Meetings & Conventions magazine. We’re now seeking a savvy senior account strategist to join the collaborative team in the Washington, DC area.
- Communicate: Maintain proactive, direct contact with clients, and conduct strategic engagement with clients to provide high-level marketing recommendations
- Collaborate: Collaborate with, and strategically guide, account and creative teams, as well as specialists, to execute results-driven campaigns aligned with the goals and objectives of each assigned account
- Deliver Quality: Ensure all deliverables are high-quality, on target, consistent, develop the campaign concept and are delivered on time and within budget
- Achieve Goals: Analyze campaign performance to meet or exceed client goals, and recommend course corrections as needed
- Lead: Mentor, support and supervise a team of colleagues - promoting a culture of collaboration, professional growth and development, achievement and fun
- Demonstrate Business Acumen: Efficiently and effectively manage bandwidth and resources of account circle to maximize profitability and performance
- Support Growth: Participate in new business development efforts including writing proposals and developing budgets to support the continued growth and success of the agency
- 10+ years marketing experience, including agency, B2B events and/or association experience is strongly preferred
- Experience managing direct reports, and demonstrated ability to lead a marketing team are required.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, psychology or general business is strongly preferred.
mdg offers a competitive benefits package including medical, 401k, profit sharing contributions and mdG.O. (a sabbatical program that rewards loyalty through the gift of travel).
BusinessView all jobs at MDG