- Posted: 9 days ago
Does the idea of working in a fast-paced agency environment excite you? Are you the type who can write a strategic plan in the morning and then come up with killer creative ideas in the afternoon? Are your digital marketing chops the envy of all your professional colleagues? If so, this position may have your name written all over it.
mdg, A Freeman Company is a marketing and professional services agency with head, heart and a passion for what we do — delivering measurable results for association and event clients in diverse categories like education, healthcare, technology, energy, cupcakes, cheese curls and craft beer (we’ll explain those last three later). With a 44-year track record of success, mdg was named a “Best Place to Work” by Meetings & Conventions magazine. We’re now seeking a savvy account director/marketing director to join the collaborative team in our Washington, DC area office.
- Collaborate with internal and external teams in the strategic planning and tactical execution of results-driven campaigns
- Write project briefs and lead project kick-off meetings
- Ensure brand and messaging consistency throughout campaign deliverables and evaluate copy and design to ensure they’re strategically on track
- Analyze campaign performance to ensure client goals are achieved and recommend appropriate course corrections
- Monitor campaigns to ensure all deliverables are on target, on brand and are delivered on time and within budget
- Act as primary liaison between agency and client, always exceeding client expectations
- Minimum of 3 years of marketing experience required. 5+ years of marketing experience strongly preferred
- Marketing agency, B2B event and/or association experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (in marketing, public relations, communications, psychology or general business) preferred
- Superior language, grammar and communication skills required
- Track record of success developing and nurturing client relationships required
- Ability to apply marketing insights and ideas to client objectives required
- Ability to effectively lead an internal marketing team required
- Excellent project management skills required
- A great attitude, a willingness to learn and master new skills and a commitment to excellence required
At mdg, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our clients and our communities can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status and other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws.
mdg also offers a competitive benefits package including medical, 401k, and profit sharing contributions.
BusinessView all jobs at MDG
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?