- Posted: over a month ago
MDG is built on the core client-centric values of teamwork, quality, accountability, integrity, respect, creativity, passion and results.
We have an exciting opportunity for a detail-oriented account director with 8-10 years of ad agency account management experience. We seek a professional, multi-tasker, who works well under pressure and within tight deadlines, with traditional and digital advertising experience.
In addition to strong agency account management experience, we are looking for a candidate who is a marketing strategist—who lives and breathes the strategic process—helping clients achieve and exceed their marketing and business goals.
The perfect candidate:
- will handle several accounts and assist account teams in developing the marketing insights that will drive our clients’ integrated marketing strategies and campaigns. This includes building strong relationships with vendors, agency colleagues, and clients, setting and managing expectations and driving results (because that is what we are all about as an agency).
- is expected to become intimately familiar with all agency processes and departments. There will be an opportunity to contribute to internal initiatives and development of tools to maximize work flow and support growth.
- will be an integral part of the business development process and handle incoming leads with the executive team and other directors. You will be expected to help build presentations, assist in RFP response, and present to prospective clients both with the team and independently.
- Work with agency account managers, creative team to create key consumer insights and translate them into brand positioning and actionable integrated marketing program strategies.
- Handle all day-to-day activities for your clients and work with all agency departments on your client’s behalf to deliver all marketing projects in a timely manner.
- Anticipate and address client needs and proactively offer marketing communications ideas and solutions.
- Develop strategic documents and plans and present to clients.
- Demonstrate the role and value of account strategy within the agency and work with account managers to make it an integral part of projects and campaigns.
- Possess a solid understanding of key tactical areas, such as digital/direct marketing, advertising, offline marketing, local marketing, SEO and PPC— or have the strong desire to get up to speed on these forms of marketing and communications.
- Prepare client contact and status reports
- Coordinate project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel
- Keep apprised of client’s products/services/marketing developments
- Gather and assemble background information, research, and analyses as needed for development of creative briefs and new business presentations
- Maintain all client information in an organized manner as needed for accurate proofreading and meeting of client standards
- Coordinate signatures/approvals from clients and make sure all media and projects proceed according to plan and deadlines
- Review client billing
- Manage vendor relations and negotiate on behalf of clients for maximum results
- 8+ years of experience in agency account service and strategy development for both consumer and B2B clients.
- Demonstrated experience in helping to grow and nurture client relationships.
- Strong professional presence and superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Expert in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote
- Understanding of general advertising principles, account service protocol and business development
- Ad agency experience managing and executing online/interactive projects and all forms of digital marketing.
- Self-starter, works with limited supervision
- Troubleshooter, problem-solver
- Organized and pays attention to every detail
- Proactive versus reactive thinker
- Manages multiple tasks and tight deadlines with confidence and ease
- Excellent business writing and communication skills
- Hospitality, healthcare and retail experience a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising, Marketing or related field preferred.
AddressBoca Raton, FL
BusinessView all jobs at MDG