- Expired: January 13, 2023. Applications are no longer accepted.
Matson, Driscoll & Damico LLP
Status: Full Time, Salary
Reports to: Manager and Partner
Location: Melville, NY
About the Company
Tracing its roots back to 1933, MDD is one of the world's top forensic accounting firms specializing in economic damage quantification calculations. With forensic accounting professionals in over 40 offices on 5 continents, MDD has global resources to assist our clients with their forensic accounting needs. MDD helps insurance companies, independent adjustment firms, multinational corporations, government entities, and individuals calculate the true economic damage of claims or disputes.
MDD is looking for a Staff Accountant to serve as an essential supporting function of the accounting team in our Melville, New York office. The ideal candidate will have a sound technical background in accounting/finance, possess strong communication and analytical skills, and can work independently.
- Review reports and schedules
- Participate in strategic planning sessions with accounting team
- Input data and analyze invoices
- Assist clients with conducting interviews during the financial investigation to accurately identify all parties involved
- Perform forensic research to trace funds and identify assets for recovery
- Verify claim to source documents
- Evaluate insurance claims and economic damage
- Work closely with senior staff on litigation cases, first party property, business valuations
- Assist in the preparation of accounting reports from financial findings
- Ensures compliance with state and federal laws
- Research and other tasks assigned by supervisor
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Accounting or Finance
- Entry level accounting experience
- Actively pursuing CPA designation
- Ability to speak multiple languages, a plus
- Willing to travel internationally and potentially for extended periods of time
- Must have a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle
- Must have demonstrated ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess a professional demeanor and be a positive thinker
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
MDD offers a competitive benefits package including PTO, sick pay, 401k and profit sharing, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability.
MDD applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to religion, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
MDD Forensic Accountants
Finance and Insurance
Get fresh Staff Accountant Part Time jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.