DoD SkillBridge Internship in Accounting or Budget
- Posted: over a month ago
Come and join the MDC Team where we thrive on data to solve high impact business problems!
MDC is currently accepting SkillBridge internship applications from transitioning service members with experience in DoD accounting or budgeting.
About the Role:
- This internship is solely for qualified candidates who are transitioning out of the military and are participating in the SkillBridge program.
- Candidates must have experience with DoD accounting or budgeting programs, preferably within DHA or the VA.
- Qualified DoD Accounting interns must be able to perform complex accounting tasks such as accounts receivable, accounts payable, cost accounting and reconciliation. They must also be able interpret accounting data, prepare, and analyze reports and make recommendations.
- Qualified DoD Budget interns must have experience in developing and reporting of spend plans, executing reports, processing financial documents, preparing various forms of analytics to identify and report on trends, and reconciling of actual execution and programmed controls.
Ideal Accounting Candidate:
- Experience with DOD financial systems or ERP systems to analyze, report and enhance DOD financial processes and systems
- Knowledge of various DOD appropriations pertaining to Defense Health Systems, Defense Health Program or O&M, R&D and Procurement
- Demonstrated knowledge of various financial or external feeder systems (SAP, GFEBS, GCSS-Army, FCM, IPAC, MOCAS, DTS, AXOL, ATAAPS, DMLSS, Power-track, DCAS, WAWF, EDA, DAI, etc.)
- Knowledge and familiarity pertaining to entering accounting transaction codes (MIPRs, SPS PRs, FMY1, FMAVCR02) and pertaining to commitments, obligation, expenses, and disbursements
- Demonstrated knowledge of Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Department of Defense Financial Management Regulations (DODFMR)
Ideal Candidate: the candidate will have:
- Relevant proven experience managing appropriated funds and programs within the Defense Health Program (DHP).
- Experience in federal financial management, working in budget programming, budget formulation, budget execution, data and management analysis and decision support.
- Experience with processing and reconciling funding documents within Service-specific and internal financial systems to support the delivery of healthcare in MTFs and IAW fiscal law and DHA policies and business rules to support future programming and audit.
- Monitored the use of and rate of expenditures of budgeted funds.
- Hands on experience with year-end closing to ensure proper and full use of funds.
- Ability to make sound recommendations for adjustments in program spending.
Location: Hybrid, Falls Church Virginia
MDC is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact MDC Human Resources.
In compliance with President Biden’s Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force COVID-19 Workplace Safety: Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors, MDC requires all employees to follow the prevailing guidance at the time of hire.
MDC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within MDC.
MDC Global Solutions LLC
AddressFalls Church, VA
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at MDC Global Solutions LLC