- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come and join the MDC Team where we thrive on data to solve high impact business problems!
We are looking for a compliance expert to join our growing contracts team. The ideal candidate will be responsible for overseeing an organization’s compliance with government contracts, laws, and regulations.
About the Role:
Your primary responsibility will include coordinating with company management to identify potential risks, implementing policies and procedures to uphold laws and regulations and monitoring the company’s adherence to those policies and procedures.
- Create and maintain compliance policies and protocols on behalf of the organization. Ensure that MDC has a clearly defined program for complying with all contractual and statutory requirements to support contract management and compliance objectives
- Properly interpret Federal and State government solicitation (Request for Proposals/Request for Quotations [RFP/RFQ]) requirements governing document content and organization.
- Collaborate with program staff during proposal submission and review draft proposals to ensure they address solicitation requirements clearly and our response is compelling.
- Determine compliance metrics and establish a system for tracking all compliance obligations.
- Remain up to date on federal, state and local laws related to the organization and update policies accordingly.
- Ensure quality assurance and monitoring the QDS implementation across contracts.
- Supports any customer-led quality audits; and leads internal quarterly performance audits completed every three months.
- Take action in dealing with noncompliance situations, creating realistic plans to overcome them.
- Conduct organizational risk assessment by establishing monitoring plan and perform regular audits to identify potential weaknesses and noncompliance situations.
- Communicate with employees and make sure everyone is aware of what they need to do to comply with internal and external laws and regulations.
- Monitor company performance for conformance to original proposal and maintains continual reviews to ensure that all terms and conditions are met and that the contract is in accordance with legal requirements, customer specifications, and government regulations.
- Maintain records for correspondence and documentation in relation to established contracts requirements related to personnel training, equipment, certifications, etc.
- Maintain an accurate audit file for each contract, which will include the original contract, all correspondences, changes/deviations, amendments, and clarifications.
- Prepare monthly project reports and make presentations at meetings. Communicate and present information to stakeholders about all contract-compliance related matters.
- Support, advise and collaborate with management on contract details and in the resolution of contract issues. Liaise with and support the Project Manager to ensure the project is executed properly.
- Perform additional ad hoc duties within area of practice to help drive our Vision, fulfill our Mission, and abide by our Organization's Values.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Experience in reviewing and dissecting solicitation (RFP/RFQ) documents to ensure responses adhere to requirements.
- Experience in reviewing draft proposals and determining compliance with solicitation requirements.
- Experience providing federal/public sector solicitation, contract management, and/or compliance support for contract reporting requirements.
- Must have, or be willing to obtain, a compliance certification.
- Superior attention to detail in order to identify and correct risky practices.
- Must be a strong communicator and capable of expressing oneself clearly both speaking and in writing.
- Possess a collaborative personality and be open to suggestions from team members.
- Demonstrated experience with industry protocols and best practices.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to accurately interpret complex documents and policies.
- Strong time management and organizational skills and able to meet deadlines.
- Should have a strong moral code and sense of ethics.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced knowledge in Excel.
- Knowledge of Federal and DoD contracting principles (Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) and Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS), DoD Directives and Instructions, laws, regulations and procedures.
Education: Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Business Administration, Program Management, Accounting, or related field and 10 years contracts management experience.
Certification(s): CCEP, CRCM, CCP preferred
Security: Secret Clearance
Location: MDC HQ in Manassas, VA a minimum of 3 times per week. Hybrid the other 2 days a week on average.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
MDC is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact MDC Human Resources.
In compliance with President Biden’s Executive Order 14042 and the Safer Federal Workforce Task Force COVID-19 Workplace Safety: Guidance for Federal Contractors and Subcontractors, MDC requires all employees to follow the prevailing guidance at the time of hire.
MDC is an equal opportunity employer. We provide employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status veteran or military status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within MDC.
MDC Global Solutions LLC
Get fresh MDCS jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.