Civil Engineers needed ASAP in Charlotte, NC.
Candidate MUST have Civil Engineering, Bridge and Heavy Highway Experience!!!!
The job engineer assists and acts as a liaison between contractors, superintendents, foreman, estimators, and engineers for a specific project until the completion of the project.
- Understand project specifications and verify compliance
- Review and code timesheets
- Review, understand and use project cost report as a tool
- Review, understand and use project CPM as a tool
- Manage minor subcontracts and input quantities in JDE & quantity book
- Prepare pay estimate for minor subcontractors
- Prepare project submittals as required
- Draft RFIs as questions/discrepancies arise
- Participate in the preparation of the project construction schedule & work plans
- BS in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- Minimum 3 years of engineering experience in heavy/highway construction
- Familiar with grading, drainage, paving (asphalt and concrete), bridge construction, retaining walls, and all other highway construction scopes
- Strong prioritization and organizational skills; detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Word
- JDEdwards experience is preferred