Under minimal supervision, the Coordinator of Disability Support Services (DSS) represents the DSS Office, conducts appointments with students with disabilities and provides daily management of DSS exam testing. This is a part-time position on the Manchester, NH campus.
- Coordinates the provision of Support Services to students with documented disabilities, including readers, note takers, furniture, scribes, large print text, testing accomomodations, alternate text, smart pens, and text to speech software (alternative media)
- Serves as the DSS representative on either the Manchester or Worcester campus - Assists with scheduling and conducting initial appointments for students with disabilities
- Assist the Division of Student Affairs with front desk coverage, shared office responsibilities, campus-wide events such as Orientation, Open House and Commencement, and other general office duties
- Meets with students for Informational or Drop-in appointments, providing information about Disability Support Services
- Work collaboratively and flexibly with faculty and staff to implement accommodations; coordinate and problem solve with academic departments to ensure student accommodations are implemented appropriately
- Communicate and coordinate with faculty and staff throughout the semester to receive and deliver DSS scheduled paper-based and computer-based exams in a timely manner
- Recruit, train, and schedule DSS exam proctors, with increased use of office/assistive technology
- Coordinate peer note taking services by hiring, recruiting and training all Peer Note Takers Ensure timely delivery of quality class notes to students registered with DSS
- Oversee payroll for peer note takers and proctors within bugetary guidelines
- Provide training on Assistive Technology for students, training students how to make Alternate Media (text to speech) requests, and fulfilling all requests in a timely manner
- Support and follow the MCPHS Academic Honesty Policy during administration of DSS exams.
- Provide supervision to all hourly proctors and note-takers to assist in the provision of academic accommodations
- Responsible for maintaining accurate and timely student case notes
- Compiles weekly and annual DSS data reports
- Helps assess, develop, and evaluate the Disability Support Services process, including assisting Director to stay abreast of “best practices” in the field, clinical technical standards, licensing accommodation information, and local resources for disability testing/support
- Assists with electronic and web-based data and file management; analyses DSS data to ensure accuracy of data entry and currency of accommodations
- Collaborate with outside vendors to assist students with transitional accommodations.
- Represent and support the Division of Student Affairs per the direction of the Dean of Students and the Asstistant Director of Disability Support Services
- Participate in retreats and professional development within the Department of Student Affairs.
- Available to work some evening and weekends, as needed
Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the Assistant Director of Disability Support Services.
- Candidates pursuing a Bachelor's degree are welcome to apply.
- Experience with assistive technology and customer service experience
- Ability to follow procedures and protocols established by the supervisor
- Experience with Microsoft Office software
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to be flexible in work schedule for periodic exam proctoring
- Ability to work effectively and independently in a fast-paced environment
Please attach a cover letter and a resume or curriculum vitae. No phone calls, please. Principals only. No relocation available. Finalist candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check as a condition of employment. MCPHS University is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who would enrich the University’s diversity are encouraged to apply.
MCPHS University, an innovator in health and professional education, is setting the pace in the health science fields. MCPHS has more than 7000 students across campuses in Boston’s Longwood Medical Area, downtown Worcester, MA and downtown Manchester, NH. Here, we are preparing future generations of global leaders and promoting systems to improve the health of the public. In the midst of implementing an ambitious strategic plan that will bring us to our 200th anniversary in 2023, MCPHS offers meaningful work that benefits society overall, provides competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits, and fosters a sense of connectedness and collaboration among our employees. We are a fast-moving, data-driven educational institution with a strong entrepreneurial mindset.
Come join us and be a part of a diverse community that is at the forefront of advancing the healthcare landscape! To learn more about working at MCPHS University, please visit Careers at MCPHS.