- Vision , Medical , Dental , Paid Time Off , Retirement
Who We Are:
Founded in 2007, MCN Build is a diverse, dynamic commercial construction management firm headquartered in Washington, DC. We specialize in developments that enhance the community, including transformational projects that promote economic sustainability, including education, recreation, healthcare, affordable housing, and institutional spaces. While building strong, continuous relationships with our clients and the community, we recognize that our success is rooted in the professional and personal fulfillment of our most valuable asset-our employees.
Now is the perfect time to join the MCN team! Our CEO Rudy Seikaly was named 2021 Business Leader of the Year by DC’s Chamber of Commerce. We are proud to have been named the Best Place to Work by the Washingtonian in 2015. Our biggest win is from our own employees, who still today overwhelmingly choose to grow with MCN as evidenced by our 95% employee retention rate and average tenure of 4 1/2 years.
We truly invest in our own people by offering top-notch, company-sponsored benefits found in firms twice our size to all 100+ MCN team members. Student loan repayment plans, 529 college savings plans, tuition reimbursement, flexible working arrangements, PMP/LEED/CCM/CQM certification preparation classes, industry conference networking, pups in the office, #WellnessWednesday yoga sessions, and free downloads of the Calm meditation app are just some of the benefits that empower every member of the MCN team to choose their own professional and personal journey to work-life balance.
In the last seven years, we’ve doubled our size, added two new office locations in Baltimore & Prince Georges County, celebrated 20+ employee promotions, and won two 2021 Engineering News-Record (ENR) Best Project awards all while expanding our philanthropic efforts both here at home in the DMV as well as abroad in Ethiopia, Lebanon, and El Salvador. We're 50% millennials, 20% women, and 100% driven to build our community together.
Who We’re Looking For:
We’re seeking a motivated MEP Estimator with progressive years of experience in FP/P/M/E estimating or construction industry and a bachelor’s in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics, or a related field. The right hard-working MEP Estimator is responsible for fire protection, plumbing, mechanical and electrical (FP/P/M/E) related construction estimating for the communities, including estimating, quantity take off specific trade scopes, sub bid solicitation, progress budgets, scope clarifications, systems studies and comparisons, value engineering, subcontractor and general contractor relations and staying abreast of industry developments applicable to estimating. Successful candidates will be able to share their passion for and dedication to getting the job done and confidently represent the firm, including committing the firm to schedule and cost matters within approved parameters.
What You’ll Do:
Our new MEP Estimator will oversee complete and accurate material take-off are performed for items of work and Create scope sheets for potential bidders and bid tabulation sheets. MCN MEP Estimators will prepare milestone budgets during the preconstruction process and maintain cost histories and pricing data. MEP Estimators will also coordinate the estimating process with management and Estimators and provide feedback on project pricing issues. If you are motivated by working efficiently in a fast-paced, multi-task environment with multiple project relationships and competing priorities, this may be the perfect fit for you.
What You Bring to The Table:
- Bachelors in Construction Management, Mechanical Engineering, Architecture, Mathematics or related field is required
- Progressive years of experience in FP/P/M/E estimating or the construction industry is required
- A minimum of 2 years in multifamily is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Must be able to perform math calculations including some advanced math
- Knowledgeable in On Screen Takeoff, Plan Swift, or equivalent systems
- Must have thorough knowledge in analyzing construction documents, mechanical reports, and specifications
- Knowledge of estimating software, preferably Sage Estimating Software
- Strong attention to detail and well organized
- Must be diplomatic with the ability to be discreet when handling confidential information/situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to work in a fast-paced and team-oriented environment
- Salary Range: $80,000 –100,000 with up to 15% in an annual discretionary bonus
- 100% COVID-19 vaccinated project management team
- Free medical, dental, and vision insurance for the employee. 75% cost sharing for family coverage including a domestic partner
- Tuition reimbursement, student loan repayment, 401k matching, and 529 college savings plans
- 20 days of PTO/year, flexible working arrangements, the latest technology and tools to do your best work
- Opportunity to make an impact on a diverse team with decades of professional experience
Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply online at https://www.mcnbuild.com/careers/ for immediate consideration.
MCN Build is an equal opportunity employer with a culture that promotes diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MCN encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
MCN BuildWashington, DC
Get fresh MEP Estimator jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.