- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Title: Support Specialist
Reports to: Service Desk Manager
Level: Full Time; Non-Exempt
Location: Downtown Louisville, KY
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Support Specialist is an entry level role responsible for handling first level support of service requests in a professional and timely manner. This relates to all technology, including support for workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software.
- Communication with customers as required: keeping them informed of incident progress, notifying them of impending changes, and agreed outages.IT Support relating to technical issues involving Microsoft’s core business applications and operating systems.
- Basic technical support at the network level: WAN and LAN connectivity, routers, firewalls, and security.
- Basic remote access solution implementation and support: VPN, Terminal Services, and Citrix.
- Monitor the remote monitoring and management system alerts and notifications and respond accordingly through service tickets.
- System documentation maintenance and review in ConnectWise.
- Improve customer service, perception, and satisfaction.
- Fast turnaround of customer requests.
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively.
- Work with the Service Delivery Manager to ensure requests are routed to the proper resource to be resolved quickly and efficiently.
- Escalate service requests that require System Analyst or Engineer level support.
- Responsible for entering time and expenses in ConnectWise as they occur.
- Enter all work as service tickets in ConnectWise.
- Respect and earn the respect of fellow team members.
- Take ownership of identified processes and responsibilities.
- Keep open communications with manager, team and leadership.
- Perform work with confidence and pride, follow through to completion.
- Make informed decisions – discuss with the manager when needed.
- Grow and learn from past mistakes.
- Work in a safe, clean and employee friendly atmosphere.
- Work personal/professional development plan.
- Must have flexibility with work schedule.
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- AS/BS preferred in technology or CompTIA A+, N+
- Interpersonal skills: such as telephony skills, communication skills, active listening, and customer-care.
- Diagnosis skills of technical issues.
- Ability to multi-task and adapt to changes quickly.
- Technical awareness: ability to match resources to technical issues appropriately.
- Service awareness of all organization’s key services for which support is being provided.
- Understanding of support tools, techniques, and how technology is used to provide services.
- Typing skills to ensure quick and accurate entry of service request details.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in a fast-moving environment.
· Minimal hazards.
· General office working conditions.
· Occasional heavy lifting.
· Periodic evening and/or weekend work.
As a large regional Top 100 firm, MCM CPAs & Advisors & our affiliate MCM Technology Solutions provide highly specialized business services to a broad range of clients. Privately and publicly held businesses, not-for-profits, small businesses and individuals across the region and throughout the country receive personalized attention and local access from national level talent. We have offices in Louisville & Lexington, KY; Indianapolis, IN; Jeffersonville, IN and Cincinnati, OH.
There are a wide range of benefits to joining the MCM team, including flexible scheduling, health/dental/vision insurance, company paid life insurance, bonus program, profit sharing, annual compensation review, 401K match, paid paternity/maternity leave, a robust PTO offering, annual goal setting and review periods, paid CPE, company outings and volunteer opportunities, and professional development opportunities just to name a few.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of individuals in this job. Other duties may be assigned as determined by management. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities of this job.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, color, sex (including childbirth, nursing
and related medical conditions), gender, gender identity or expression, sexual
orientation, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, uniform service member and
veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, age, protected medical condition, genetic.
information, disability, or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal,
state and local laws.
MCM CPAs & Advisors
Get fresh IT Service DESK Specialist jobs daily straight to your inbox!