Inventory Specialist is responsible for overseeing the picking and packing of orders within the supply warehouse, including physical verification, computer system data entry, product material handling, and record keeping in accordance with specific company procedures. Responsible for maintaining an organized warehouse, inventory stock and order work-space, and maintaining the warehousing in a safe, accurate and efficient manner. In addition, provide support for the daily upkeep, maintenance and organization of the warehouse facility.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Responsible for fulfillment of ongoing and special orders in a timely manner.
- Assist in the ongoing audit of inventory, counting and verifying the accuracy of physical locations and quantities.
- Assist in the loading/unloading of warehouse product using a forklift, pallet jack or hand truck.
- Accurately perform inventory counts in a timely manner.
- Maintain organized documentation of orders, identifying deficiencies, and communication with management.
- Enter and track order information on a computer based inventory system, and/or Excel spreadsheet
- Safely unload trailers utilizing sit down forklift.
- Track incoming orders and escalate issues to the inventory manager.
- Daily warehouse, receiving office, and facilities housekeeping duties.
- Comply with ISO Quality Policy, Quality Objectives, Procedures, and Work Instructions as they related to your duties and responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Effective oral, written, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to perform accurately at a fast pace.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office preferred
- Accurate keyboarding skills for data entry and 10-key.
- Working knowledge of computer based inventory control systems, i.e. SAP
- Valid driver’s license.
- Preferred recent certification as operator with Industrial Powered Truck - Forklift
- Meet company requirements for background and substance abuse clearances.
- Proficiency in MS Office 2007, especially Excel.
- Working knowledge logistics and facilities techniques: 5-S, Kaizen, etc...
- Knowledge of TS ISO requirements for facilities and inventory
Why Work Here?MCLJASCO companies are vertically integrated to provide a full range of supply chain management services. Through our global partnerships, services are delivered anywhere in the world. A premiere, minority-owned, synergistic, group of companies providing logistics, value-added assembly, quality inspection and containment, MRO, energy management and supply chain operation support services.
This is a direct hire, full time opportunity, with a competitive compensation package including a full benefit program.