Administrative Assistant (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
McLarens is a leading global claims services provider that helps clients achieve timely and equitable claims resolution.
McLarens family of brands’ is trusted by clients worldwide to deliver the best in claims management, loss adjusting and auditing services to pre-risk and damage surveying. With direct operations in 200 countries with over 2000 team members, McLarens is a global leader with a customer centric culture and quality is at the heart of McLarens.
The professionals at McLarens live by a set of shared values that guide their actions and behaviors:
- EXCELLENCE – We aim for nothing less than the highest standards in everything we do
- TEAMWORK – We work best when we work together with clients, colleagues and suppliers alike
- RESPECT – We are trusted to keep our promises, act with integrity and treat people the right way
- KNOWLEDGE – We know our market better than anyone, but still we never stop developing
- THOUGHT LEADERSHIP – We use inspired thinking and pioneering solutions to stay ahead in an ever-changing market
McLarens is searching for an Administrative Assistant working in the Houston, TX area. The Administrative Assistant must possess the ability to handle clerical and administrative duties such as generating reports and communicating via phone and email, and provide exceptional customer service to our internal and external customers. This position is located in Houston, TX, LWI office location.
Our ideal candidate is someone who has strong problem-resolution skills, is detail-oriented, and enjoys working in a fast-paced team environment with professionals dedicated to providing exemplary customer service.
The Administrative Assistant will be expected to manage multiple competing priorities and meet (sometimes short) deadlines with a positive and enthusiastic attitude. This position involves various responsibilities and requires flexibility and a willingness to take the initiative to learn business acumen and terminology.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor calls, incoming faxes, and e-mails for your team and take appropriate actions within a timely fashion
- The employee should be analytical, detail-oriented, flexible, and decisive. He/she should be able to multi-task and cope with deadlines.
- To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills so that effective working relationships can be developed and maintained.
- The employee should be competent in utilizing office equipment; including, but not limited to: computer, fax machine, copy machine, scanning machine, etc. As well, good typing skills with proficiency in 10-Key is important to success in this position.
- The employee should possess a working knowledge related to the Microsoft suite of products; specifically, Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- To perform this job successfully, the employee should possess a high degree of initiative and be able to work well both independently as well as within a team environment.
- Maintain and input data into McLarens One system as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Organized and able to prioritize; Ability to work with minimal supervision once trained
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 5+ years’ office experience
- Some experience in the insurance industry preferred
- Experience working in Administrative Assistant role or equivalent position
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, Adobe, Outlook, and Teams
- Strong verbal, grammar, and written communication skills
This position includes a competitive salary, paid vacation, holidays, and full health benefits including medical, dental, life, disability and a 401(k) plan with company match.
Our Company is an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company’s policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. The Company also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
BusinessView all jobs at MCLARENS LLC