NJTA Garden State Parkway Senior Bridge Inspector
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Description: mcfa has an immediate need for a Senior Bridge Inspector as early as December 1st to be part of a robust, multi-discipline team to support a bridge resurfacing and repair projects on the Garden State Parkway (GSP). The role requires experience and familiarity with bridge field inspection and establishment of priorities for bridge deck repairs. This will be a fast-moving project which involves inspection of 36 current bridge structures at specific mileposts from 92 – 122 between Brick Township, Ocean County and Old Bridge Township, Middlesex County, New Jersey.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing visual inspections of mainline, local road overpass and ramp crossings. Bridge inspections require ability to use a ladder, small boat, and/or vehicle to perform the visual inspections
- Interpret and understand latest bridge inspection reports to aid the visual inspection
- Ability to inspect/report/document current condition of topside bridge decks, noting the locations of visible checker boarding, worn or rutted asphalt surfacing, damaged or worn deck joint headers, steel deck joints, and deteriorated safety walks and parapets
- Ability to inspect/report/document the current condition of the underside deck, condition of SIP metal pans, saturated deck panels, exposed reinforcement, condition of prior repairs, location of severely deteriorated end diaphragms and missing joint seals
- Ability to verify through field inspection that the details in the Contract plans reflect field condition
- Ability to execute bridge inspection reports for each of the structures (36 bridges) and understand load ratings
- Ability to understand Right-of-Way documents and help execute MPT plans
- 36 bridges to be inspected over a one-year period
Required Skills/ Qualifications:
- New Jersey PE Licensure is preferred
- Familiarity and Experience with American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials (AASHTO) Manual for Bridge Evaluation, 3rd Edition, 2018
- Familiarity and Experience with the New Jersey Turnpike Authority LRFR Load Rating Manual, Version 9.7, January 2022
- Familiarity and Experience with the AASHTO LRFD Bridge Design Specifications, 9th Edition, 2020
- Prior experience highlighting bridge inspection
- Work well in a multidiscipline team environment with a strong customer service work ethic and attitude
- Requires a valid, acceptable driver’s license and transportation to travel to project sites, as regular daily travel is required
What the opportunity offers you:
- Bring your Expertise – Showcase your knowledge and expertise in bridge inspection for a variety of bridge types
- Bring Value to Agency Infrastructure Champions – Leverage mcfa’s resources with your background and experience to integrate and streamline activities, achieve goals through set strategies, and have a positive impact on productivity.
- Build a Team – Be part of the growing team in support of mcfa's Construction Engineering Inspection practice for infrastructure agencies in the Mid-Atlantic
What we need from you:
- Gets it, Wants it and Capacity to Execute (GWC) - Alignment with the mcfa Core Values of White Glove Service, Intentional Creativity and Curiosity, Extreme Ownership, Teamwork, and Fun
- Industry Credentials – New Jersey PE preferred and familiarity and experience with relevant AASHTO and NJTA bridge design and inspection manuals
- Travel –. Required to visit job sites along the Garden State Parkway in New Jersey between Mileposts 92 to 122
- Work Authorization: Authorized to work in the United States.
AddressMiddlesex County, NJ
Get fresh Senior Bridge Inspector jobs daily straight to your inbox!