Licensed Landscape Architect (NJ)
- $60,000 to $75,000 Yearly
Description: MCFA is searching for a motivated Landscape Architect with the initiative and skills to join our team and help grow our Planning Studio. This team collaborates with clients on park master plans, area development plans, parking studies, and local and federal master plans. Responsibilities include:
- Meet with and cultivate clients, engineers, and architects to outline workable solutions to problems and determine their needs.
- Consider environmental factors, such as draining and energy availability.
- Prepare site plans and graphic representations of plans using computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) software.
- Prepare cost estimates and oversee the project's budget.
- Visit job sites to check on the progress of projects and to make sure projects are meeting specifications. Ability to manage multiple projects with limited scope.
- Basic knowledge of industry practices, techniques, and standards in the landscape architect field.
- Ability to identify and evaluate possible solutions and communicate analysis to team members.
- Active listening: ability to understand clients' needs and wants.
- Verbal communication: ability to convey information to your clients.
- Creativity: ability to design beautiful outdoor spaces that are also functional.
- Critical thinking: ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Reading comprehension: must be able to understand work-related documents.
- Bachelor of Landscape Architecture (BLA) or a Bachelor of Science in Landscape Architecture (BSLA)
- License for Landscape Architecture (RLA, LA), or working towards licensure.
What the opportunity offers you:
- Grow your Expertise –Identify additional certifications or education as applicable.
- Bring Value to Agency Infrastructure Champions – Leverage mcfa’s resources and your personal background and experiences to identify solutions and solve problems.
- Build a Team – Become the senior leadership in landscape architecture and help to grow the planning program processes.
- Build a Practice – Grow into a robust Client/Practice leader optimizing the experience and team collaboration to successfully deliver the client’s needs.
What we need from you:
- Gets it, Wants it and Capacity to Execute (GWC) - Alignment with the mcfa Core Values of White Glove Customer Service, Intentional Creativity and Curiosity, Extreme Ownership, Teamwork, and Fun
- Experience and Achievements – Demonstrated experience as an engaging program representative and primary point of contact with outside clients.
- Industry Credentials –Knowledge and certifications/experience with landscape architecture and its application to various real-world scenarios and locations.
- Technical Expertise – Strong skills in listening and collaborating with team members to identify and apply strategies and solutions of potential benefit to the client.
- Travel - Ability to travel periodically to various client sites for discussions and field verification.
- Work Authorization: Authorized to work in the United States.
Work Location: Haddonfield, NJ
· Salary Range : $60,000 to $75,000 DOQ
· Holiday/Flex Days Off: 11 days/96 hours per year
· Vacation: 120 hours of PTO per year
· Sick Leave: 40 hours per year
· Additional Benefits:
o Health Insurance costs currently reimbursed at 50% of costs up to $500.00 per month)
o 401k Profit Sharing Contribution (currently 3% of salary per year)
Medical Insurance Dental Insurance Vision Insurance 401K Life Insurance
o Paid Training and Certification Maintenance
mcfa is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. mcfa does not discriminate against any applicant or employee with regard to hiring, tenure of employment, promotion, transfer, selection for training, or any other terms or conditions of employment because of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity or national origin, status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with applicable federal law, or on any ground protected by state or local law in each area in which mcfa maintains facilities.
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.