MCCONNELLS FINE ICE CREAMS LLC Oxnard, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The QA Technician works directly with the Director of Quality Assurance and works closely with the Production Team to ensure delivering products with the highest quality and safety that meet and exceed customer and applicable food regulations (National, state, and local). The QA technician will perform a variety of quality control tests and inspections along with standard microbiological, chemical, physical, or sensory testing on products, materials, or components at various states of the production process to ensure compliance with quality standards. The QA technician helps identify, solve, and prevent problems affecting quality and food safety to deliver products and services that are safe, compliant, and preferred.
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Follow current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs).
- Provide daily monitoring of facility and personnel to ensure compliance to the food safety system.
- Responsible for adhering to food safety and quality system requirements by committing to meet all pertinent regulatory, customer, and SQF requirements.
- Perform quality monitoring activities and maintain records in a clear and legible format to ensure all documentation is complete and accurate for compliance with regulatory agencies. Completes all required paperwork in a timely manner.
- Collect and analyze product samples as required, as well as document information derived from analysis.
- Carry out chemical testing and microbiological testing of finished products, raw materials and associated items as required. Tests may include APC, Coliform, Yeast, Mold, Fat percentage, total solids percentage, gluten testing and milk allergen testing.
- Safely keep records of all facility analytical results; immediately report results discovered to be out of specification to QA Director.
- Recommends corrective actions and preventive measures when needed.
- Perform calibration of laboratory equipment and ensure general good laboratory procedures. Maintains QA lab organization, inventory, and cleanliness.
- Follows all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, etc.
- Other duties/projects may be assigned, and the QA Technician is expected to effectively manage and execute changes.
Specific Daily Activities include, but not limited to the following:
- Perform pre-op and operational sanitation plant inspections. Follow up on corrective actions and complete documentation.
- Perform metal detector checks and maintain records.
- Perform chemical analysis of all sanitation chemicals.
- Maintain labelled, organized retention samples of all products that have been analyzed and oversee retained sample inventory.
- Perform analytical testing of all finished products.
- Check plant equipment calibration: thermometers, scales, metal detectors.
- Assist in overseeing the Environmental Monitoring and Master Sanitation Program. Includes visual verifications, micro swabs, Allergen swabs and ATP swabs.
- Able to use the following instrumentation/measuring devices: Thermometers, metal detectors, scales, incubators, test kits, pipettes.
- Create certificates of analysis (COAs) for products that have been analyzed as required.
- Involved in product weight control verification.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Pass background check, provide proof of eligibility to legally work in the US.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish)
- Able to multitask and prioritize duties based on company’s needs.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A natural problem-solver enjoys a challenge, and is able to be flexible and adapt in any situation while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Loves and/or has great respect for ice cream. Especially the finest ice creams
McConnell’s Fine Ice Creams are currently sold in select grocers, specialty retailers and restaurants across the U.S.
MCCONNELLS FINE ICE CREAMS LLCWhy Work Here?
Amazing culture. Great benefits. Ice Cream!
McConnell’s Fine Ice Creams was founded in Santa Barbara, California in 1949. Now in our third generation of family ownership, we make our ice creams as we always have - from scratch - using Central Coast, grass-grazed milk & cream and the finest local, sustainable and organic ingredients, from partner farms & purveyors we’ve worked with for decades. No preservatives. No stabilizers. No additives. Ever. A 70-year, sweet legacy of keeping it real. McConnell’s Fine Ice Creams are currently sold in select grocers, specialty retailers and restaurants across the U.S.
800 N. Del Norte Blvd.Oxnard, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at MCCONNELLS FINE ICE CREAMS LLC