Pre-school/Montessori School - Center Director
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Looking for a passionate, talented, and dedicated Center Director, who can share our vision. We are interested in finding a professional with the love of teaching as well as experience in administrative tasks, a high proficiency in written/oral communication, and knowledge of licensing requirements.
· Hold a Bachelors / Master’s degree in Child Development or Early Childhood Education or related field.
· Have experience in working with small / large childcare facilities with all age group of children.
· Ability to supervise staff from diverse backgrounds.
· Skills to create a sense of community among staff, children, and families.
· Sensitive to the needs of children and what constitutes a sound program for young children.
· Capacity to actively seek and take advantage of opportunities for professional development.
· Must possess good people’s skills to liaison with staff, management, parents, and community leaders.
· Requirements by the state are CDA /AS / BS / or Masters with adequate experience.
· Experience with Montessori and/or After School Programs is preferred but not required.
Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
· Develop and implement policies and objectives of the program in cooperation with the management.
· Maintain a healthy and safe atmosphere for children.
· Prepare and maintain a budget, which includes personnel, equipment, supplies, and training.
· Develop and execute an on-going program of activities which contributes to the care, growth and development of the children at the center and of each child as an individual.
· Select and orient personnel to work at the center and hire necessary replacements when vacancies occur.
· Provide or make available in-service training for staff members.
· Direct and guide personnel as to teaching abilities and individual working habits.
· Regularly schedule monthly conferences.
· Make written annual evaluations of staff members and discuss individually with each employee.
· Work with parents and children to develop effective relationships.
· Supervise general condition and upkeep of the building and grounds.
· Maintain a system of records (in accordance with the State child day center licensing procedures) for financial and statistical purposes.
· Evaluate facilities, resources, teaching and support personnel, and make recommendations or decisions about promotions, salaries, and dismissals.
· Work with the community to establish a relationship, which will assist in the successful implementation of goals and objectives for the center.
· Work with parents including:
a. Interviewing each parent at time of child enrollment.
b. Being available for telephone or personal parent conferences when necessary.
c. Planning and attending parent meetings. Working with the teachers to devise
d. progress report on each child to be given to the parents twice a year.
e. Editing and distributing a quarterly newsletter of activities at the center to parents and administration.
· Work with staff in-charge of nutrition on menus and maintain standards of food service in accordance with the Health Department rules and regulations.
· Attend seminars and/or conferences in order to keep up to date on current affairs in the child development field and to develop an in-service training to bring the center’s staff up to date.
· Serve as a mentor and model to the staff on professional conduct, including confidentiality, best practice, and quality service to children and families.
MCC has developed a reputation as experts in early childhood education in the Washington metro area. The campuses are state of the art facilities, staffed with some of the most talented faculty in the area.
6319 Old Centreville RoadCentreville, VA
EducationView all jobs at MCCNVA LLC