Telecommuting Staff Tax Accountant full-time
Remote Georgia CPA firm seeking a “telecommuting” tax staff accountant professional who has strong communication skills, is detail and deadline oriented, self-motivated, critical thinking, problem solver, proactive and self-motivated. The perfect candidate will take pride in their work and likes to work independently on monthly accounting/payroll and income tax returns for multiple individual and business clients. Environment is fast paced, involves meeting tight deadlines, jumping from one project to another within a short period of time every month.
Candidate must be located in GA. If you are not in GA, please do not apply.
This is a full-time position for the right candidate. This position pays $25-30 per hour to start and will be adjusted depending on expertise and experience.
We offer benefits such as profit sharing bonuses, flexible work hours, paid holidays, PTO, and paid 40 hours of CPE per year. Health insurance is negotiable as a group plan or HRA as allowed by small employers.
Duties are all with limited supervision:
- Analyzing and reconciling monthly/quarterly general ledger accounts and bank statements
- Preparing adjusting journal entries, posting monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals
- Preparing financial statements (compilations as well as financial statements and must know the difference)
- Preparing monthly sales tax returns and preparing payroll tax returns on a quarterly basis
- Preparing individual and business income tax returns (will train on Proseries software)
- Reviewing income tax returns of other staff
- An accounting degree is required. Background working for public accounting firms during tax season is REQUIRED.
- CPA is a plus.
- Heavy month-end and year-end bookkeeping experience REQUIRED
- Experience in preparation of BOTH individual and business income tax returns REQUIRED
- Payroll tax return processing preferred.
- Intermediate knowledge of QuickBooks desktop, QBO, MS Excel and Word required
- Must be able to work 35-45 hours per week (more during tax season including weekends if necessary)
- Must have fast internet access and work on PCs, not Macs. We will furnish a laptop and necessary software upon hire, but need to have access to PC for testing prior to hire.
- Must understand and be able to apply client confidentiality at all times.
- Previous telecommuting experience is a plus.