Press Brake Service Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
Primary responsibility to install and service Press Brake equipment sold and supported by MC Machinery Systems. Technicians have a secondary responsibility to provide customer support by telephone on general operation and troubleshooting of machine problems. Technicians will spend a high percentage of the job on the road traveling throughout North America.
- Perform equipment installation as well as verify proper operation of machines to the manufacture specifications by performing any needed test.
- Review, evaluate, and resolve machine problems at customer sites, or by phone, with limited supervision. Must assume responsibility and exercise discretion and independent judgment to evaluate, diagnose, and provide timely, appropriate responses and resolutions to customer problems.
- Provide adequate training to customers (and in some events other MC Machinery employees) with the overall intention of instructing and/or recommending methods that will improve and/or enhance the performance of the machinery and optimize its usage for their particular needs.
- Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work independently and use judgment to determine customer problems with limited direct supervision.
- Ability to interact with customers in a way so as to maintain customer confidence in MC Machinery and MC Machinery product.
- Ability to identify opportunities to sell customers additional MC Machinery products and services and to sell such products and services when opportunities arise.
- Knowledge of equipment maintenance, manufacturing techniques, programming, and controller functions, as well as ability to train customers on proper usage of such techniques.
- Ability to effectively document and communicate ideas, strategies, problems, and solutions in both verbal and written forms to co-workers and customers.
- Ability to prepare written service reports and other necessary supportive documentation.
- Computer skills to use various windows based software applications in order to document and help support the customer.
- Must be able to travel at any time to various customer locations, which includes having or being able to obtain a passport.
- Must have valid drivers license.
- Must be able to secure and maintain a credit card.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in electronics or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years minimum experience in the industry, either through employment by Press Brake manufacturer, or as equipment operator in the fabrication industry.
Job operates mainly indoors, but is exposed to changing weather conditions, such as extreme hot or cold, rain, sun, wind, etc. This job also works near moving mechanical parts and the noise level is moderate to loud. This position generally has a lot of driving and overtime work. Ability to operate a motor vehicle and possession of a valid driver’s license is required.
This job requires very frequent bending at the waist, twisting of the upper body, standing, speaking and hearing and frequent kneeling. Repetitive use of the hands, squeezing, keyboarding and crouching. Requires frequent lifting and carrying of 1-10 pounds, recurrent lifting of 11-20 pounds and occasional lifting and carrying of 21-50 or more pounds. Also requires constant pushing and pulling of 1-50 pounds and infrequent pushing and pulling of over 50 pounds with the aid of handcarts or other wheeled devices. Good visual and color acuity are a must to perform this type of job.
Equal Opportunity Employer – race, sex, veteran or disability status, gender identity, sexual orientation
MC Machinery Systems, Inc.
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?