Are you looking to work in an environment where you can showcase your graphic design skills and let your creativity shine? Do you have a passion for user interface design, an eye for branding, and the mindset for problem-solving?
MBX is looking for a creative Graphic Designer to join our marketing team in Libertyville, IL, to help propel our digital design into the next decade. The ideal candidate has extensive experience in graphic design, thrives in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment, and enjoys rolling up their sleeves to create new designs for B2B websites and other digital media. They will also be responsible for refreshing and maintaining the MBX brand identity. Traditional graphic design is a portion of the responsibilities, so Adobe Creative Cloud expertise is a must.
As the Graphic Designer, your contribution will help to support MBX’s sales efforts and the overall growth of the company by developing materials that showcase our brand and the products, services, and capabilities we provide to our global customer base.
What would make you a strong fit
- Bachelor’s degree with 2+ years of graphic design experience and 3+ years with web and iOS applications or equivalent experience; UI/UX design experience a plus
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite and Sketch with knowledge of other industry tools such as Zeplin, Balsamiq, and OmniGraffle
- Experience creating digital content such as websites, online advertising, and email campaigns; Hubspot experience a plus
- Understanding of interaction design principles and proficiency in design thinking
- Expertise in all areas of user experience design (information architecture, interaction design, visual design, prototype engineering, content, and user experience)
- In-depth knowledge of market research, competitive landscape, and testing methods (A/B, multivariate testing)
- A user-centric mindset with the ability to present design ideas with clarity, passion, and attention to detail, and to accept feedback with an open mind
- Strong adaptability, prioritization and communication skills, with the ability to get buy-in on ideas within a large organization
- Bring a creative and analytical approach to work, with the ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines and stay focused under pressure
- Team player that displays initiative and flexibility and is able to work with a variety of personalities and experts
- Dedicated, empathetic, and self-motivated, with a passion to be successful
- Demonstrated professionalism and team collaboration abilities
- Business know-how: Understanding of business metrics and the ability to translate company goals and objectives into digital experiences
- Customer-oriented to achieve long-term relationships
What you’ll do
- Create wireframes, storyboards and user flows to communicate design
- Present design proposals to marketing, engineering and executives
- Propose designs that are innovative
- Produce marketing pieces for our brand team that communicate and illustrate the features and value in the products we supply to the world
- Work closely with the marketing team to execute creative concepts
- Contribute to quality control and ensures that creative standards are followed for all creative assets
- Follow a creative timeline to ensure that tasks are completed on time
- Consult on specifications to ensure all details are taken into consideration on a print or digital project
- Verify that all correct creative assets are being used: color specs, logos, fonts, hi-res artwork, dimensions, etc.
Why you’ll love working at MBX
- We have a history of promoting from within - you have opportunities to grow within the company
- We crave knowledge and value ongoing learning and education
- We are a driven, creative and energetic group
- We invest substantially in technology and implement the best tools to foster innovation
- You will get direct feedback on your work and know what a difference you are making
- Your voice and opinions will matter
A little about us
Everything we do at MBX stems from our passion to help successful tech companies simplify the process of bringing their products to market on hardware. You’ll find MBX-built products branded with our customers’ names around the world, in places like the White House, Disney World, and ESPN, to data centers around the globe streaming movies and shows to your phones, laptops, and TVs (but those names are a well-guarded secret).
We strive to hire bright, curious people with a fascination for technology to help us bring together every complex facet of delivering our customers’ hardware. Whether your forte is engineering, software development, manufacturing, or another role that supports the business, the common denominator is that we all put customers at the center of our universe. We hire diverse, yet like-minded, individuals who can share our passions and model our habits to exceed customer expectations.
A little more about us (if you care to keep reading)
Our coming of age story is pretty unique. The company started in a four-wall storefront in 1995 in suburban Chicago selling computer components to consumers from a catalog. We were wildly successful, even winning awards because people liked doing business with us. From there we expanded into building complete computing systems, and we kept growing - and moving - and expanding, until finally in 2012, we landed in Libertyville, IL, in a 120,000 square foot facility only about a half-hour east of where we started.
While we don’t build computers for consumers anymore, two things haven’t changed: hardware still runs through our veins and people still like doing business with us. Today we work with some of the largest technology companies in the world who deploy hardware-based products in some way, shape, or form. We operate a manufacturing and logistics facility in the EU - MBX Netherlands and stocking, logistics, and support services around the globe.
We’ve won around 20 awards within the last decade for the kinds of things that our customers and employees value most: operational excellence, impeccable quality, a great company culture, maintaining a top workplace, and providing a world-class customer experience.
Want to hear what our employees say? Click here.
MBX Systems is an Equal Opportunity Employer