Our client is a UK headquartered mid-sized software business supplying telecommunication service providers (companies like Vodafone and Three etc) with next-generation network service assurance solutions. The client is leading the industry with innovations in NFV, SDN, Telco Cloud, 5G, and the Internet of Things.
The client is looking for a sales hunter to cover the United States and North America and is flexible in terms of location. East Coast and Central time zones are preferred. The position may develop from a sole contributor over time.
Main purpose of role:
As a sole contributor in a high-performance regional sales team, while upholding best practices, prospect and close business with Telecommunications Service Providers in the United States and Canada.
Key Role Responsibilities
- Prospect for new business targeting new logo accounts in the region.
- Account Planning: identifying opportunities, qualification and account / deal planning, working with internal teams on new propositions / ROI models.
- Work closely with the presales, product management and operations teams.
- Achieve sales revenue targets
- Post-Covid - Attend customer meetings and industry events, team meetings, kick off meetings and functions as required.
- Capable of engaging with potential channel partner organisations such as key SI partners.
- Extensive experience working in a similar sales role ideally selling network-centric solutions in the service assurance space (although the client will also consider candidates from other OSS, CORE, RAN, CEM, SON, Telco Cloud and NFV areas). The core capability is selling network-centric software solutions to service providers.
- Solid foundation in mobile market, latest technology and telecoms network trends, and Carrier-Class software
- Proven sales track record in a new business sales role. Whilst the target is tier 1-3 Service Providers they are keen to target 2-3 service providers so experience selling in that market would be ideal.
- Capable of both hunting and farming accounts (they have tier 1 telcos as customers of their fault management solutions so cross-selling on those accounts is an objective).
The package is entirely flexible depending on the value and experience the person brings to the organisation and there is a competitive commission plan attached.