Deskside Support Engineer
Lower Gwynedd, PA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
MBI Staffing is seeking an experienced Deskside Support Engineer. This is an onsite position located in Lower Gwynedd, PA.
What this job involves:
- Respond to telephone calls, emails, and personnel requests for technical support
- Provide desk-side and telephone support resolving day-to-day technical issues for users within our office
- Setting up, repairing, and maintaining a wide range of hardware (servers, desktops, laptops, printers, and all other peripherals) and software (Citrix, MS Office, and other software)
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software, and networking
- Walk customers through installing applications and computer peripherals
- Ask targeted questions to diagnose problems
- Guide users with simple, step-by-step instructions
- Conduct remote troubleshooting
- Test alternative pathways until you resolve an issue
- Customize desktop applications to meet user needs
- Provide training to the end-users
- Record technical issues and solutions in logs
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel
- Follow up with clients to ensure their systems are functional
- Report customer feedback and potential product requests
- Help create technical documentation and manuals
- Work closely with other IT employees on system maintenance and configuration projects
- Provide high level of customer service and support to C-Level/ VIP-level staff
Sound like you? Before you apply, this is what we are looking for:
- 6+ years experience in IT support
- Strong skills and experience with Windows Server 2008 & 2012, Windows 7 & 10, and MAC OS platforms
- Strong troubleshooting skills: ability to provide both local and remote support
- Strong understanding and experience with mobile devices, laptops, and tablets
- Strong understanding and experience with Active Directory, MS Office suite, Office 365, and Exchange
- Citrix and Cisco VPN client troubleshooting skills and experience
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong customer service skills, and ability to communicate with all levels of end users
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize between tasks
- Ability to learn complex concepts in a fast-paced environment and possess a self-starter attitude
- Ability to learn and support proprietary and/or technologies specific to our business
- Experience with a Help Desk ticketing system
- Experience with MS SharePoint, Citrix, VMware, and Cisco Phone System
- A+, N+, MCP, MCSA, and/or MCSE certifications preferred
- Technical writing and documentation proficiency
- Bachelors Degree in the Information Technology field
This is a contract-to-hire position
MBIs COMMITMENT TO YOU:
Our job is to showcase our talented, professional candidates to globally recognized organizations where work/life balance is second to none! Our expert candidates solve the worlds problems--from every day to the epic, from the mundane to the monumental.
MBIs foundation is built upon our commitment and passion for finding the best IT talent in the world and for matching that talent to our customer needs. MBI attracts highly skilled, quality people, and we expect a high level of commitment from all our team members to deliver quality work.
AddressLower Gwynedd, PA
Get fresh Deskside Support Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.