I.T. Field Service Technician
MBI I.T. Services
- Posted: May 05, 2022
- $23 to $26 Hourly
INTERESTED IN WORKING WITH THE PROVINCIAL GOVERNMENT?
We are currently hiring for a contract I.T Field Service Technician job in Toronto, ON. You must have 1-3 years of experience in this role and have a strong knowledge of Windows 7. Experience on Desktop Support, Laptops, Servers, Printers, Hardware Support, and IMAC. POS experience is a plus but not required. The ideal candidate would have good communication skills, be customer friendly and should be comfortable travelling long distances.
Duration: 12 months (possibility of an extension).
I.T. Field Service Technician job responsibilities:
- Maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals.
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
- Supports user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
- Trains employees, identifies and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed.
- Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs.
- Available to work extended hours including weekends and evenings for the duration of the contract.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- High school diploma and college or university enrollment/degree.
- 2+ years experience working as a break/fix Field IT technician and or lead break/fix Field IT technician.
- Excellent technical knowledge of hardware and Windows 7, and Windows 10 operating systems.
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems and standards.
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation and OEM guides.
- Able to develop and interpret technical documentation for training and end-user procedures.
- Familiar with personal computers/printers/wireless connectivity devices.
- Possession and use of an owed car for travel between locations.
- Android 4.4+ or Apple iOS9+ or Windows Phone 8+ including a data package to receive emails and instant messaging.
- Ability to lift a 20 lbs. box from the floor to a tabletop surface.
Nice to Have:
- College diploma or university degree in the field of computer science and/or information technologies or 7-10 years equivalent work experience.
- CompTIA A+ certifications.
- Cisco or Microsoft certifications.
If you are interested or would like more information about the I.T. Field Service Technician job in Toronto, ON or other MBI Inc. employment opportunities, please forward your resume through the appropriate channels and apply. At MBI IT Services you are more than just a number. Our employee relationship managers support you throughout your engagement; provide career guidance and re-employment assistance. Join MBI Services!
MBI I.T. Services
M7A 1T7 CAN
EngineeringView all jobs at MBI I.T. Services