WANT TO HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR COMMUNITY? LOOKING TO LEARN AND GROW? WE ARE HIRING TALENTED INDIVIDUALS TO BE PART OF THIS YEAR’S PROVINCIAL ELECTIONS!
Contract: 6 weeks (Possibility of an extension)
MBI has over 20 years of experience providing Information Technology services across North America and is proud to be selected by Elections Ontario to play a vital role in the upcoming provincial elections.
We are hiring Helpdesk Technicians that will be responsible for generating detailed incident tickets, determine level of urgency/severity of the problem and resolve it at first level whenever possible.
You will be a member of the primary contact team for staff at voting locations and will be responsible for assisting them with tech support over the phone. You will answer incoming calls, respond to inquiries, manage complaints, troubleshoot technical problems, and provide general technical support and information.
The goal of this position is to be the first point-of-contact for Elections Ontario Officers and provide prompt, courteous IT Tech Support/Help Desk service.
- Available to work extended hours including weekends and evenings for the duration of the contract
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- High School Diploma + College or university enrollment/degree
- 1-5 Years’ experience in IT Tech Support/Help Desk service industry
- Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and OEM guides
- Technical knowledge of hardware and Windows 7, Windows 10 operating systems
- Working technical knowledge of current protocols, operating systems, and standards
- No Criminal Record
- Eligible to work in Canada
Nice to Have:
- College diploma or university degree in computer science and/or information technologies
- CompTIA A+ Certifications