We are currently hiring for a contract Desktop Support Technician I job in North Clarendon, VT. You must have 2-4 years of experience in this role and have a strong knowledge of Windows 7 and Windows 10. Experience on Desktop Support, Laptops, Servers, Printers, Hardware Support, and IMAC. The ideal candidate would have good communication skills and be customer friendly. Hours would be Monday-Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
Compensation: $18-$20 per hour while on contract.
CONTRACT-TO-HIRE: 2 months (Approximately)
- Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals
- Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems
- Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups
- Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed
- Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks
- Works under general supervision
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required
- 2-4 years of related work experience, or AA degree, or technical training or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Responsible for maintaining manufacturing systems, PCs and terminal server networks
- Set up and maintain new and existing PCs
- Troubleshoot and fix problems encountered on PCs and triage issues with affiliated departments
- Create, edit, and maintain documentation for data collection reporting
- Interface with data warehouse to pull reports for stored product data
- Interface and upgrade systems as required, provide input on buy/lease on case-by-case basis
- Analyze data, recommend and drive process improvements
- Perform system related duties
- Personal Computer database generation, maintenance, analysis of multiple systems and processes
- Responsible for maintaining inventory for PC spare parts (Ordering, Tracking, Procurement, etc.)
- Must interface with corporate end users as well as engineering and management staff.
- Provide Hands & Feet support for Network and Server issues. Infrastructure savvy.
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to transform technical IT solutions lingo into terms everyone understands
Nice to have:
- CompTIA A+ Certified.
If you are interested or would like more information for the Desktop Support Technician I in North Clarendon, VT, or other MBI Inc. employment opportunities, please forward your resume through the appropriate channels and apply. At MBI IT Services you are more than just a number. Our employee relationship managers support you throughout your engagement; provide career guidance and re-employment assistance. Join MBI Services!
By concentrating our sales force on the broader public sector and large corporate clients we are able to offer highly-competitive pricing with an established and proven track record of quality and the capacity to service even the largest of clients across North America. Our versatility allows us to quickly and easily integrate into any corporation, and establishes us as a partner with the knowledge and experience to assist in your ITIL strategies. ITSM alignment is critical to our clients and we support and augment their needs with our specialized custom solutions and adaptable resources.
Our team will work with you to recognize your business objectives and goals, develop a cost-effective and innovative solution, and reliably execute on-time and within budget. Our “Managed Services Team” consists of Senior Project Managers, Regional/Territory Managers & Incident Managers to provide the balance and expertise needed to address all of your requests and requirements, resulting in cost effective deliverables.
With our wholly owned fleet of GPS TRACKED - straight trucks, cube vans, cargo vans, and passenger vans, we have the resources & innovation to track, end to end “secure” direct drive deliveries. Providing our clients with the added peace of mind that their assets and data is completely down-stream traceable & secure, point to point. Non-business hours, weekends, country wide or across North America, MBI I.T. Services has the coverage and capacity to accommodate our client’s non-conventional deployment strategies.
Always trying to be ahead of our competition MBI has implemented a unique approach to assisting our clients with their needs for reporting and communication when they entrust us with their deliverables.